Ajay Jadeja, a protégé of Haryana senior Kapil Dev and a descendant of Ranji and Duleep, was a mercurial cricketer. He was a regular member of the Indian cricket team between 1992 and 2000.
A fantastic strokeplayer who could be unstoppable in ODIs, he was also a rather useful medium-pacer and one of the best ever fielders produced by the country. Added to it was the rakishly infectious smile he wore through every moment that he was out there.
|Profession||Former Indian Cricketer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm|
|in meters- 1.78 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5’ 10”|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 72 kg|
|in Pounds- 159 lbs|
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches|
|- Waist: 36 Inches|
|- Biceps: 14 Inches|
|International Debut||Test- 13 November 1992 vs South Africa at Durban|
|ODI- 28 February 1992 vs Sri Lanka at Mackay|
|International Retirement||Test- 24 February 2000 vs South Africa at Mumbai|
|ODI- 3 June 2000 vs Pakistan at Dhaka|
|Coach/Mentor||Mr. Gurcharan Singh, Kapil Dev|
|Domestic/State Team||Delhi, Haryana, Jammu & Kashmir, Rajasthan Cricket Association President's XI|
|Nature on field||Aggressive|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan|
|Favourite Shot/ball||Pull and Hook|
|Records (main ones)||• For the 4th and 5th wicket, Jadeja along-with Mohammed Azharuddin, holds the record for the highest ODI partnership.|
|Career Turning Point||When he knocked 45 runs off 25 balls in the 1996 Cricket World Cup against Pakistan.|
|Date of Birth||1971-02-01|
|Age (as in 2019)||48 Years|
|Birth Place||Jamnagar, Gujarat, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Jamnagar, Gujarat, India|
|School||Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, New Delhi,|
|Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Daulatsinh Jadeja|
|Mother- Gyanba Jadeja (a Malayalee from the Allepey district of Kerala)|
|Hobbies||Learning different languages, Playing Golf, Dancing|
|Controversies||• He was banned for five years to play any format of official cricket for match-fixing allegations.|
|Favourite Ground||Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bangalore|
|Favourite Cricketer||Kapil Dev|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affair/Girlfriend||Madhuri Dixit (Actress)|
|Wife/Spouse||Aditi Jaitley - Daughter of the former Samata Part President Jaya Jaitly (married 2000)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ajay Jadeja
- Does Ajay Jadeja smoke?: No
- Does Ajay Jadeja drink alcohol?: Yes
- Ranji Trophy and Duleep Trophy are named after his relatives, K. S. Ranjitsinhji and K. S. Duleepsinhji respectively.
- During his tenure in the Indian Cricket Team, he was considered as one of the best fielders of his time.
- His most memorable match was when he blasted 45 runs off 25 balls in a very crucial quarter final match against Pakistan during the 1996 Cricket World Cup.
- Once, he took 3 wickets for 3 runs in a single over against England in a match at the Sharjah.
- He has captained India in 13 ODI matches.
- In 2003, he acted in a movie, “Khel” and in 2009; he appeared in another movie, “Pal Pal Dil Ke Saath”.
- During the 2003 ICC Cricket World Cup, Jadeja worked for Zee News as a cricket anchor. Later, he also worked with NDTV India and NDTV 24*7 as a cricket analyst.
- In the first season of a celebrity dance show, “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa”, he participated as a contestant.
- In the film, “Kai Po Che”, Jadeja did a cameo as himself.
- He was appointed as the coach of Delhi Cricket Team in the year 2015.