Read Time:2 Minute, 24 Second
Ankita Lokhande is an Indian actress who began her career in television with her breakthrough character in Balaji Telefilms’s popular daily show Pavitra Rishta on Zee TV and won various awards for the same.
|Real Name||Tanuja Lokhande|
|Famous Role||'Archana Manav Deshmukh' in the TV serial, "Pavitra Rishta"|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm|
|in meters- 1.65 m|
|in feet & inches- 5 5|
|Hair Colour||Light Brown|
|Debut||Film: Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi (2019)|
|TV: Pavitra Rishta (2009)|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||For the TV serial, Pavitra Rishta|
| 3rd Boroplus Gold Award for Debut in a Lead Role Female (2010)|
| Indian Television Academy Award for GR8! Face of The Year Female (2010)|
| 4th Boroplus Gold Award for Best Actress in a Lead Role (2011)|
| Star Guild Award for Best Actress in Drama Series (2011)|
| Indian Telly Award for Television Personality of The Year (2012)|
| 5th Boroplus Gold Award for Best Actress in a Lead Role (2012)|
| Star Guild Award for Best Actress in Drama Series (2014)|
|Date of Birth||19 December 1984 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|School||She did her schooling from Indore.|
|College/University||She did her graduation from Indore.|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Swimming, Playing Badminton, Shopping, Listening to Soft Music|
|Controversy||Ankita, once, slapped her then-boyfriend, Sushant Singh Rajput, publicly at a party as he was drunk and was dancing with girls around him.|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends|| Sushant Singh Rajput (Ex-Boyfriend; Actor)|
| Vicky Jain (Businessman)|
|Parents||Father- Shashikant Lokhande (Banker)|
|Mother- Vandana Pandis Lokhande (Teacher)|
|Siblings||Brother- Sooraj Lokhande (Younger)|
|Sister- Jyoti Lokhande (Younger)|
|Food||Bhindi, Dal Fry, Butter Chicken|
|Actor(s)||Paul Walker, Simon Helbert|
|Actress(es)||Madhuri Dixit, Shilpa Shetty|
|Restaurant||Urban Tadka in Mumbai|
|Music||Soft Romantic Songs, Ghazals|
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 1 lakh per episode|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ankita Lokhande
- Does Ankita Lokhande drink alcohol?: Yes
- Ankita Lokhande is an Indian actress who rose to fame by playing the role of ‘Archana Deshmukh’ in the TV serial, “Pavitra Rishta.”
- Ankita was born into a middle-class Marathi family residing in Indore; with no film background.A
- She was active in sports in her childhood and was a state-level badminton player.
- She always wanted to become an actress but had to give up her acting dreams and had to join Frankfinn academy, but her acting aspirations took her to Mumbai in 2005.
- In 2006, while she was struggling in Mumbai, she took part in the talent hunt reality show ‘Idea Zee Cinestars,’ where she couldn’t reach the top 5, however, she made a mark in the show with her dancing skills.
- She was supposed to make her TV debut with NDTV Imagine’s serial ‘Bali Umar Ko Salaam,’, but the show got shelved.
- Her first salary was ₹10,000.
- In 2009, she made her acting debut with Zee TV’s ‘Pavitra Rishta’ and became an overnight sensation with her character of “Archana.”
- In 2011, Ankita took part in the dance reality show, “Jhaalak Dikhhla Jaa.”
- She also participated in the reality show, “Comedy Circus.”.”
- Lokhande played the role of ‘Pragya’ in the TV serial, “Ek Thhi Naayka.”
- She didn’t like Sushant Singh Rajput initially on the sets of ‘Pavitra Rishta.’ However, with the passage of time, they both fell in love and were in a live-in relationship for around 6 years before they split in 2016.
- She bought more than 300 saris for her role in ‘Pavitra Rishta.’
- She is good friends with many TV celebrities including Rashami Desai, Nandish Sandhu, Jay Bhanushali, Mahhi Vij, and Ragini Khanna.
- She auditioned for Salman Khan‘s film Sultan, however, Anushka Sharma bagged the role.
- She was approached for Shah Rukh Khan‘s ‘Happy New Year’ (2014). However, she was later replaced by Deepika Padukone.
- She loves to buy make-up kits, shoe, and diamond.
- She made her Bollywood debut with a historical biographical film on the life of Rani Laxmibai of Jhansi ‘Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi,’ where she played the pivotal role of a women soldier, Jhalkari Bai.
- Lokhande has also featured in the Bollywood film, “Baaghi 3.”
- In 2020, Ankita posted a picture on her Instagram account flaunting a diamond ring after which there were rumours of her engagement with her boyfriend, Vicky Jain.
Ankita Lokhande on Instagram and Twitter
— Ankita lokhande (@anky1912) June 8, 2020