South Indian Actor Arvind Swami is also a model, TV presenter and entrepreneur who is best known for his work in Tamil cinema. He rose to fame when the acclaimed director, Mani Ratnam introduced him in the 1991 film Thalapathi starring superstar Rajinikanth. Arvind later went on to work Mani Ratnam in the critically acclaimed films like Roja (1992), Bombay (1995), and Alaipayuthey (2000).
|Other Name(s)||Arvind Swamy, Aravind Swamy|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Model, Entrepreneur, Television Presenter|
|Famous Role(s)||• Rishi Kumar in Roja (1992)|
|• Dr. Siddharth Abimanyu in Thani Oruvan (2015)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 172 cm|
|in meters- 1.72 m|
|in feet inches- 5’ 8”|
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 75 kg|
|in pounds- 165 lbs|
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 44 Inches|
|- Waist: 38 Inches|
|- Biceps: 14 Inches|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Tamil Film: Thalapathi (1991)|
|Malayalam Film: Daddy (1992)|
|Telugu Film: Mounam (1995)|
|Hindi Film: Saat Rang Ke Sapne (1998)|
|TV: Neengalum Vellalam Oru Kodi (2012)|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• Filmfare Tamil for Best Supporting Actor (Thani Oruvan) in 2016.|
|• Ananda Vikatan Cinema Award for Best Villain (Thani Oruvan) in 2016.|
|• IIFA Utsavam Award for Best Performance In A Negative Role (Thani Oruvan) in 2016.|
|Date of Birth||18 June 1970, Thursday|
|Age (as in 2019)||49 Years|
|Birthplace||Trichy, Tamil Nadu|
|Signature||Arvind Swami's Signature|
|School(s)||• Sishya School, Chennai|
|• Don Bosco Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Chennai|
|College/University||Loyola College, Chennai|
|Educational Qualification(s)||• B.com|
|• Masters in International Business|
|Hobbies||Online Gaming, Painting and Playing chess|
|Controversy||He wasn't paid fully for the movie Sathuranga Vettai 2 in 2018, so, he sued Manobala, the producer of the movie. Arvind demanded Rs. 1.79 crore as remuneration with interest rate of 18% per annum. |
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||First Marriage: 1994|
|Second Marriage: 2012|
|Wife/Spouse||Gayathri Ramamurthy (1994-2010)|
|Aparna Mukherjee (Lawyer 2012-present)|
|Parents||Father- Delhi Kumar, Actor (Biological)|
|V. D. Swami, Industrialist (Foster)|
|Mother- C. V. S. Vasantha Swami, Bharatanatyam dancer (Foster)|
|Favourite Sports Person||M. S. Dhoni|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Arvind Swami
- Arvind Swami is a popular South Indian actor.
- He was born in Chennai and wished to become a doctor in his school days.
- He did his schooling and graduation in India and moved to North Carolina to pursue his Master’s degree.
- He worked as a model in college days just for the sake of pocket money and in one of his ads, Mani Ratnam noticed and called him for the audition.
- He started his career with the action-drama movie Thalapathi made by Mani Ratnam in 1991, with the superstars of South, Rajinikanth, and Mammootty.
- Apart from working in Tamil films, he has also worked in Telugu, Malayalam, and Hindi films.
- His performances in the films such as Roja and Bombay earned critical acclaims. Both the films went on to get the State as well as National Awards.
- In 1994, he got married to his first wife Gayathri Ramamurthy and have two children with her- a girl and a boy.
- His movie, Minsara Kanavu (1997) bagged four national awards.
- In 1995, Arvind gave his voice to adult Simba for the Tamil remake of Disney’s animated film The Lion King and he also lent his voice the digital remake of the film in 2019, where he dubbed for Scar.
- He partially retired from the acting in 2000; just after doing a cameo in Alaipayuthey.
- Thereafter, he developed an interest in business and with VD Swamy and Company, he got into the business of international trade and commerce.
- Later, he started the company Talent Maximus with the aim of payroll processing and temporary staffing in India.
- Arvind met with a serious accident, which led to a spinal injury due to which he could not work for the next 4-5 years. After the accident, he gained massive weight but later, he got back in the shape for the movie Kadal.
- In 2010, Arvind divorced his first wife and got married to Aparna Mukerjee (Lawyer) in 2012.
- For the divorce, he had to pay Rs. 75 Lakhs as settlement money followed by monthly maintenance installments of Rs. 1 Lakh.
- Later, he reappeared in many movies, some of which were a great hit.
- He also presented the third season of the game show, Neengalum Vellalam Oru Kodi in 2012.
- His performance in 2015 Tamil film Thani Oruvan, earned him critical acclaims, and he also went on to get many prestigious awards for the film.