Chirag Paswan is an Indian Politician and President of the Lok Janshakti Party. He acted in the Bollywood movie, ‘Miley Naa Miley Hum’ in 2011. He earned a little fame as an Actor, but gained a great name as a Politician. Chirag was elected as a member of the 16th Lok Sabha in the year 2014 Indian General Election from Jamui constituency in Bihar and retained his seat in the 2019 elections. He is the son of the Member of Parliament and Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm|
|in meters- 1.83 m|
|in feet & inches- 6’|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Political Party||Lok Janshakti Party (LJP)|
|Political Journey||• In 2012, Chirag joined the LJP.|
|• In 2014, he contested and won the Lok Sabha elections from the Jamui Lok Sabha Constituency of Bihar.|
|• He was a member of several parliamentary committees during his tenure as an MP.|
|• He was the Chairman of LJP's Central Parliamentary Board.|
|• In 2019, he was re-elected as an MP from the Jamui Lok Sabha Constituency of Bihar.|
|• On 5 November 2019, he was elected as the National President of the LJP.|
|Date of Birth||31 October 1983 (Monday)|
|Age (as in 2020)||37 Years|
|School||Air Force Golden Jubilee Institute, New Delhi|
|College/University||Bundelkhand University, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification?||B.Tech in Computer Science|
|Caste||Scheduled Caste (SC)|
|Address||Mantri Ji Tola, Khagaria, Bihar|
|Hobbies||Watching Bollywood Films, Doing Yoga|
|Relationships & More|
|Parents||Father- Ram Vilas Paswan (Politician)|
|Mother- Reena Paswan (Homemaker)|
|• Nisha Paswan|
|• Isha Paswan (Step sister)|
|• Asha Kumar (Step sister)|
|Car Collection||• Maruti Gypsy (2015 Model)|
|• Toyota Fortuner (2014 Model)|
|Bank Deposits:-23.40 lacs INR|
|Residential Building:-worth 90 lacs INR in Krishna Vihar, Patna|
|Salary (approx.)||1 lac INR + other allowances (as an MP)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||1.84 crores INR-|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chirag Paswan
- Chirag Paswan is an Indian politician. He belongs to the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP), and he is also a two-term Member of Parliament (MP). Chirag is the son of the veteran politician, Ram Vilas Paswan.
- Since he was a child, Chirag was interested in Bollywood. He used to watch Bollywood films all the time, and he would also practice acting in front of the mirror.
- Chirag Paswan was an actor before he entered politics.
- In 2011, he made his Bollywood debut with the movie, “Miley Naa Miley Hum” with Kangana Ranaut, Neeru Bajwa, and Sagarika Ghatge. However, the movie was unsuccessful at the box office.
- In 2012, he quit Bollywood and joined politics.
- The LJP was not in a good position when he entered politics. However, he worked hard and revived the party in a short span of time.
- In 2014, he was an important part in the formation of an alliance between the LJP and the BJP. In 2002, following the Gujarat riots, Ram Vilas Paswan had broken his alliance with the BJP. Chirag convinced his father that they should be allied with the BJP and it was the right thing to do.
- Chirag liked the Narendra Modi’s Gujarat model, and it persuaded him to be allied with the BJP.
- His decision to be allied with the BJP proved to be successful, and the LJP, which did not win a single seat in the 2009 General Elections, won six of the seven seats it contested in the 2014 General Elections.
- Chirag runs an NGO named, Chirag Paswan Foundation. The NGO works towards providing education to underprivileged children and jobs for the unemployed youth of Bihar.
- In December 2018, Ram Vilas Paswan announced that he will not be contesting elections anymore, he also announced that all the major decisions of the LJP will be taken by Chirag from then onwards, and the party should support him.
- On 12 November 2019, he announced that the LJP will be contesting the 2019 Jharkhand Assembly Elections without the BJP as an ally. He said that they would have contested together as an alliance, but the BJP was offering them token seats where the LJP was not prepared to contest. He said that the LJP is a strong party now, and it can contest alone.