Chiranjeevi’s actual name is Konidela Siva Sankara Vara Prasad. He is an iconic Indian film actor, dancer, producer, singer, voice artist, businessman, investor and a politician. In the early 1980`s, he gained popularity among masses for introducing break dance and performing stunts that were never seen before in Telugu movies at that time. The versatile artist, in his illustrious career spanning over 35 years has won almost all the popular awards.
|Real Name||Konidela Siva Sankara Vara Prasad|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm|
|in meters- 1.75 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 80 kg|
|in Pounds- 176 lbs|
|Body Measurements (approx.)||Chest: 42 Inches|
|Waist: 34 Inches|
|Biceps: 13 Inches|
|Date of Birth||1955-08-22|
|Age (as in 2017)||62 Years|
|Birth Place||Mogalthur, West Godavari district, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|School||CSR Sharma College, Ongole, Andhra Pradesh (Intermediate)|
|College||Sri Y N College, Narsapur, Andhra Pradesh|
|Education Qualifications||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)|
|Debut||Film: Pranam Khareedu (Telugu, 1978), 47 Natkal (Tamil, 1981), Pratibandh (Bollywood, 1990), Sipayi (Kannada, 1996)|
|TV: Meelo Evaru Koteeswarudu Season 4 (2017)|
|Family||Father- Venkat Rao Konidela (Police constable)|
|Mother- Anjana Devi Konidela|
|Brothers- Nagendra Babu (Film producer), Pawan Kalyan (Actor)|
|Sisters- Vijaya durga, Madhavi|
|Favourite Actor||Sean Connery|
|Favourite Actress||Mahanati Savitri|
|Favourite Singer||S. P. Balasubrahmanyam|
|Favourite Comedian||Charlie Chaplin|
|Favourite Producer||D. Ramanaidu|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||1980-02-20 00:00:00|
|Son- Ram Charan Teja (Actor)|
|Salary||20-25 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||$16 million|
Chiranjeevi in News
Posts not found
Some Lesser Known Facts About Chiranjeevi
- Does Chiranjeevi smoke?: Not Known
- Does Chiranjeevi drink alcohol?: Yes
- Chiranjeevi is an ardent devotee of Lord Hanuman.
- He learned acting from M.G.R. Government Film and Television Training Institute, Tharamani, Chennai, India.
- He started his acting career in 1978 with the role of ‘Narasimha’ in the Telugu film ”Pranam Khareedu.”
- In 2006, he was honoured with the Padma Bhushan for his contribution to Indian cinema.
- He was also presented with an honorary doctorate from Andhra University.
- He was the first actor from South India to be invited to the Oscars ceremony in 1987.
- In 1992, the Telugu film ”Gharana Mogudu” made him the highest paid actor in India during the time with Rs. 1.25 crore.
- He also worked in the Hollywood film ”The Return of the Thief of Baghdad”, but the film was shelved for unknown reasons.
- In 1998, he founded the ”Chiranjeevi Charitable Trust” (CCT), which includes Chiranjeevi Blood & Eye Banks and is the state’s largest recipient of Eye & Blood Donations.
- Apart from being an actor, he is also a singer and has sung several songs such as Chai Chai of film ”Mrugaraju” (2001).
- He gave his voice for various Telugu films, namely ”Hanuman” (Animated, 2005), ”Varudu” (2010), ”Rudhramadevi” (2015), and ”Ghazi” (2017).
- In 2002, he was awarded the Samman award for being the highest Income tax payer for the assessment year 1999-2000 by the minister of state for Finance, Government of India.
- In 2008, he started a political party, ”Praja Rajyam”, in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- In 2011, he merged his 30-month-old Praja Rajyam Party with the Indian National Congress.
- In 2014, he was awarded the International Face of Indian Cinema at the 3rd South Indian International Movie Awards.
- He is the first Indian actor to start his own personal website.