Apart from being a Film actor, Dalip Tahil is a television and theatre actor. He studied at Sherwood College in Nainital, India. After attending Aligarh Muslim University for a year, he graduated from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai. Tahil is best known for his work in Baazigar and Raja.
|Full Name||Dalip Tahiliani|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 173 cm|
|in meters- 1.73 m|
|in feet inches- 5’ 8”|
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg|
|in pounds- 154 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date of Birth||1952-10-30|
|Age (as in 2017)||65 Years|
|Birthplace||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Scorpio|
|Hometown||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||Sherwood College, Nainital, Uttarakhand|
|College||St. Xavier's College, Mumbai|
|Debut||Bollywood: Ankur (1974)|
|Hindi TV: Buniyaad (1986-1987)|
|British TV: Bombay Blue|
|Political Inclination||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Singing, Playing Cricket|
|Controversy||On 23 September 2018, at around 9 pm, he was arrested by the Khar police for allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol and ramming his car into an autorickshaw, injuring passengers inside it.|
|Girls, Affairs, and More|
|Children||Son- Dhruv Tahiliani (Actor)|
|Daughter- Name Not Known|
|Parents||Father- Ghansham Jethanand Tahilramani (Used to work in the Indian Air Force)|
|Mother- Name Not Known|
|Sister- 1 (Name Not Known)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Dalip Tahil
- Does Dalip Tahil smoke?: Not Known
- Does Dalip Tahil drink alcohol?: Yes
- During his school days, Dalip took a keen interest in sports and was the part of the Cricket, Hockey, and Football teams. He also took part in many other extra-curricular activities like debates, dramas, etc.
- After his schooling, he was enrolled to Aligarh Muslim University for further studies, but he left university within a year because of the shifting of his family to Mumbai. He then completed his study from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai.
- While he was in college, he joined a theatre group where he got trained in acting under ‘Alyque Padamsee’ and ‘Pearl Padamsee.’
- Dalip has done numerous famous plays and theatre musicals like ‘Godspell’, ‘A Streetcar Named Desire’, ‘Evita’, ‘Bombay Dreams’, etc.
- He got his first break in 1974 in the Bollywood film ‘Ankur.’
- By the year 2017, he had acted in over 100 Bollywood films.
- In 1969, Dalip made a record to win the ‘Kendall Cup’ three times; one for his role of ‘Joseph’ in the play ‘My Three Angels’, second for his role of ‘Macbeth’ in the play ‘Macbeth’, and the third for one more play.
- In 1994, he released his music album ‘Raaz Ki Baaten.’
- He did a Sindhi film ‘Paarewari’ (2004) and a Punjabi film ‘Sajna Ve Sajna’ (2007).
- Dalip Tahil also acted in some famous British TV serials like ‘EastEnders’ (2003), ‘Nuclear Secrets’ (2007), etc.
- Apart from being a great actor, he is a good singer and has sung several times on stage. He also performed with A. R. Rahman during Rahman’s theatre musical ‘Bombay Dreams’ world tour.Dalip Tahil during a rehearsal of A. R. Rahman’s ‘Bombay Dreams’
- In 2017, he did a live-action film ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’ that was originally released in English language and dubbed in the Hindi language.
- In January 2017, Dalip joined the ‘Bharatiya Janata Party’ (BJP) just before the elections of BMC.