Read Time:2 Minute, 2 Second
Divyanka Tripathi is an Indian television actress and model, born and brought up in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh (India). She is well known for playing the role of Dr. Ishita Bhalla in the famous television show “Ye Hai Mohabbatein”.
|Full Name||Divyanka T Dahiya|
|Famous Role||Ishita Bhalla in TV serial 'Ye Hai Mohabbatein'|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm|
|in meters- 1.65 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5' 5"|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 Kg|
|in Pounds- 143 lbs|
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-30-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||1984-12-14|
|Age (as in 2018)||34 Years|
|Birth Place||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|School||Carmel Convent School, Bhopal|
|College||Sarojini Naidu Govt. Girls P.G. (Auto.) College, Bhopal|
|Debut||TV: Banoo Main Teri Dulhann (2006)|
|Film: Lala Hardaul (2012)|
|Family||Father- Narendra Tripathi (Pharmacist)|
|Mother- Neelam Tripathi|
|Sister- Priyanka Tiwari (Elder)|
|Brother- Aishwarya Tripathi (Younger, Pilot)|
|• Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress|
|• Indian Telly Award for Fresh New Face|
|• Gold Award for Emami Golden Skin|
|Gold Award for Best Actress in a Lead Role|
|Gold Award for Boroplus Face of the Year|
|Asian Viewers Television Award for Female Actor Of The Year|
|• Gold Award for Most Celebrated Actor|
|• Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress Jury|
|Lions Gold Award for Best Actress|
|Controversies||• An unknown person came close to her on the sets of "Ye Hai Mohabbatein" and started misbehaving with her by passing derogatory remarks, after which Karan and Ali beat him for his misbehavior.|
|• In 2017, Diyvanka, alongwith her husband, Vivek took part in couple-based dance reality show Nach Baliye 8. While rehearsing for a dance performance, she injured herself, however, she was criticised by some viewers of showing a fake injury. Later, issued a video to verity that her injury is not fake.|
|Favourite Food||Dal Baati Churma, Ice cream, Chocolates|
|Favourite Actors||Salman Khan, Sonu Sood|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood: Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Lamhe|
|Hollywood: The Godfather|
|Favourite Singers||Kailash Kher, Shubha Mudgal, Enrique Iglesias, Elton John|
|Favourite Book||P.S. I love you by Cecelia Ahern|
|Favourite Destination||Kashmir, Mauritius, San Francisco|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Sharad Malhotra (Actor)|
|Vivek Dahiya (Actor)|
|Husband/Spouse||Vivek Dahiya (Actor)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Divyanka Tripathi
- Does Divyanka Tripathi smoke?: No
- Does Divyanka Tripathi drink alcohol?: No
- Divyanka has been working since childhood as she used to take part in the drama, plays, and telefilms in her hometown Bhopal.
- She did her first job when she was in school, as a host of All India Radio (AIR) for which she was paid ₹800.
- She was adventurous in her younger days and a mountaineering course from the Nehru Institute of Mountaineering Uttarkashi, Uttarakhand, India.
- Her father wanted her to be part of the National Cadet Corps (NCC). She enrolled in the Bhopal Rifle Academy where she won a gold medal in rifle shooting. Moreover, she aspired to become an army officer.
- She won the ‘Miss Bhopal’ title in 2003.
- She was the winner of talent hunt show “The Zee Cine Star’s Ki Khoj,” Indore in 2004.
- During her struggling days, her father used to accompany her to various auditions, all the way from Bhopal to Mumbai via bus.
- She started her TV career with Doordarshan’s daily soaps.
- She became a household name with a double role in Zee TV’s serial “Banoo Main Teri Dulhann,” opposite Sharad Malhotra.
- She had to leave her IAS preparations in midway after she got the lead role in “Banoo Main Teri Dulhann.” Moreover, she had to put a lot of effort to convince her parents.
- She is a pure vegetarian but she learned to cook non-vegetarian food as her Ex-boyfriend, Sharad used to like non-vegetarian food.
- Divyanka and Sharad were in a relationship for 9 years.
- Her dream role is to play the role of a ‘psychopath’ or a ‘police officer.’
- She likes to shop from Lokhandwala in Mumbai.
- Her fangirls played a pivotal role in carrying forward her love story with Vivek Dahiya.
- In 2017, she along with her husband Vivek Dahiya won the ‘Nach Baliye 8’ trophy along with a cash prize of ₹35 lakh.
- She was trolled for carrying a fake injury in Nach Baliye 8, but she confirmed the truth behind her injury by uploading a video.
- In her free time, she enjoys shopping, especially from Lokhandwala area of Mumbai.