Gulshan Grover is an Indian actor who has appeared in over 400 films. He is among the first actors to have made a successful transition from Bollywood to Hollywood and international cinema. He is popularly known as the “Bad Man” of Bollywood because of his ability to create an impact with his negative roles in films.
|Name Earned||Bad Man|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm|
|in meters- 1.75 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg|
|in Pounds- 154 lbs|
|Date of Birth||1955-09-21|
|Age (as in 2018)||63 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||New Delhi, India|
|School||Government School, Delhi|
|College||Shri Ram College of Commerce, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||Post Graduate in Commerce|
|Debut||Hum Paanch (1980)|
|Family||Father- Bishambar Nath Grover|
|Mother- Ramrakhi Grover|
|Brother(s)- Ramesh Grover (works at BSquare Technologies), Sonu Grover (businessman)|
|Sister- Rita Grover (NSD graduate)|
|Address||Woodstock, J P Road, Versova, Andheri West, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Workout and Swimming|
|Controversies||His intimate scenes with Katrina Kaif in "Boom" was a controversial one, which was later deleted.|
|Favourite Food||Grilled Fish|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Manisha Koirala|
|Favourite Travel Destinaion||Goa|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Somy Ali, actress (rumoured)|
|Wife||Filomina Grover (m. 1998; div. 2001)|
|Son- Sanjay Grover|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Gulshan Grover
- Does Gulshan Grover smoke?: Yes
- Does Gulshan Grover alcohol?: Yes
- Gulshan was passionate about acting since his school days.
- His ancestors migrated from Rawalpindi to Delhi after India’s independence.
- Gulshan received acting training from Actor’s Studio where Anil Kapoor, Sanjay Dutt, and Mazhar Khan were his batch mates.
- Eventually, Gulshan became a teacher at the Actor’s Studio.
- Once, he had the privilege to have a royal dinner with Prince Charles in Scotland.
- He was the first choice for Police Inspector’s role in Oscar-winning film “Slumdog Millionaire”, but it eventually went to Irrfan Khan.
- In 1997, he became the first Bollywood actor to work in a Hollywood movie called “The Second Jungle Book: Mowgli & Baloo.”
- Gulshan has also acted in a few Iranian, Malaysian, and Canadian films.
- He was not serious about acting until he did plays in Little Theatre Group.
- He has won many prestigious international awards like the BBC Award, Giant’s Award in Art & Cinema, Stardust Best Actor Award, and New York City International Film Festival Award.
- Gulshan Grover has also appeared in the music videos of the songs “Sohni Lagdi” by Sajjad Ali and “Desi Kalakaar” by Yo Yo Honey Singh.
- Gulshan was offered the role of Farhad Hassan in the final season of the popular TV Series “24.”
- After Grover’s divorce with his first wife Filomina in 2001, his ex-secretary, Bhanu (brother of the famous actress Mandakini), got married to Filomina in London. Filomina later changed her name to Meena Grover.
- In an interview, while praising the role of Katappa in the blockbuster film Bahubali, he said that had he been offered the role, he could have performed it even better.
- With his exemplary performances, Gulshan Grover has earned the nickname “Bad Man” in Bollywood. He earned this tag after playing the role of ‘Kesariya Vilayati’ aka ‘Bad Man’ in the film “Ram Lakhan.”