Imran Khan is an American born actor and portrayed the role of a child Aamir Khan, his uncle, in popular Hindi movies such as Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988) and Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikander (1992), before he made his acting debut as a lead in the superhit movie Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na (2008). Just like his uncle Aamir Khan, Imran chooses his roles meticulously. He has delivered hits like ‘I Hate Luv Storys’, ‘Delhi Belly’, and ‘Ek Main Aur Ek Tu’.
|Real Name||Imran Pal|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm|
|in meters- 1.78 m|
|in feet inches- 5’ 10”|
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 70 kg|
|in pounds- 154 lbs|
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 inches|
|- Waist: 31 inches|
|- Biceps: 13 inches|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Brown|
|Debut||Film: Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak (1988, as a child actor)|
|Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na (2008, in a lead role)|
|Awards/Honours||• Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut in 2009 for Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na|
|• Apsara Film & Television Producers Guild Awards for Best Male Debut|
|• Sabsey Favourite Kaun Awards for Sabsey Naya Hero for Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na in 2009|
|• AXN Action Awards for Best Actor in a Negative Role for Kidnap|
|• Chivas Award for Outstanding Achievement at GQ Men of the Year Awards in 2011|
|Date of Birth||1983-01-13|
|Age (as in 2018)||35 Years|
|Birthplace||Madison, Wisconsin, USA|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Signature||Imran Khan's Signature|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School(s)||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|Blue Mountain School, Coonoor, Tamil Nadu|
|Fremont High School, Sunnyvale, California|
|College/University||New York Film Academy, Los Angeles|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Filmmaking from New York Film Academy, Los Angeles|
|Address||24, Pali Hill, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Photgraphy, Cooking|
|Tattoo(s)||One on his right bicep and another on his chest, which is a footprint of his little daughter.|
|Controversy||In 2015, during an interview with Mumbai Mirror, Imran said "Is Rahul Rawail still around?" in response to a question that hinted that director Rahul Rawail had tried to create trouble between Ranbir Kapoor and Imran, when Imran's wife Avantika criticized Ranbir's film 'Rajneeti' (2010), which affected Imran's relationship with Ranbir.|
|In reply, Rahul Rawail slammed Imran on Twitter and called him "mentally challenged."|
|Relationships & More|
|Marriage Date||2011-01-10 00:00:00|
|Wife/Spouse||Avantika Malik (m.2010-present)|
|Daughter- Imara Malik Khan (born in 2014)|
|Parents||Father- Anil Pal (Software engineer, Senior Manager at Yahoo)|
|Raj Zutshi (Actor, Ex-Step-Fther)|
|Mother- Nuzhat Khan (Psychologist)|
|Favourite Food(s)||Dal-Chawal, Fried Bombil, Bhelpuri, Chili Con Carne|
|Favourite Beverage(s)||Watermelon juice, Beer|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Favourite Actress||Kareena Kapoor|
|Favourite Writer||Roald Dahl|
|Favourite Restaurant(s)||Moshe's, Gajalee, Don Giovanni, in Mumbai|
|Belthazar in Cape Town, South Africa|
|Cars Collection||BMW 3-Serzies, Ferrari California,|
|Volkswagen Beetle, Porsche Cayenne|
|Salary (approx.)||₹7-10 Crore|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹100 Crore ($15 Million)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Imran Khan
- Does Imran Khan smoke?: No
- Does Imran Khan drink alcohol?: Yes
- He was born in the United States to Anil Pal, a software engineer, and Nuzhat Khan, a psychologist.
- His father works at Yahoo in Silicon Valley USA as a senior manager and his mother belongs to a film background.
- Imran was just a toddler the time his parents divorced, after which his upbringing was done only by his mother.
- His real name is Imran Pal, but he changed his surname to Khan after the separation of his parents.
- Imran’s mother is the daughter of the director-producer Nasir Hussain, and also the cousin of Aamir Khan.
- At the age of 3, he proposed Juhi Chawla and also offered her a ring.
- Imran was born to a Bengali-Scottish Hindu father and a Muslim mother from a film background.
- During his schooling at Bombay Scottish School, he developed the habit of stammering because he used to get corporal punishment and he was not able to tolerate that.
- He studied in a gurukul in Ooty where there was no electricity and the students had to wash their own clothes on a nearby creek.
- He made his debut as a child artist at the age of 5 in the movie Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak in 1988. He played the role of Raj, young Aamir Khan in the movie.
- In 1992, he also played the role of Sajaylal, as young Aamir Khan in the movie Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar in 1992.
- He has learned his acting skills from Kishore Namit Kapoor’s Acting Institute.
- He has also worked at a USA firm before entering into the film industry.
- His career rose to prominence when he was starred in Manzoor Khan and Aamir Khan’s production- Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na, which was a big hit.
- He has also worked as a columnist for The Hindustan Times in 2009.
- Imran is a citizen of USA and has been living in India on a work permit.
- He shares a great bond with Vivek Oberoi‘s brother- Akshay Oberoi.
- When he was 20 years old, he was in a live-in relationship with Avantika (his now-wife) and she is one year older to Imran.
- On 10 January 2011, he tied the knot with his long-time girlfriend Avantika. His wife is the daughter of Vandana Malik, CEO of the CNBC-TV 18 business news channel.
- For his movie Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola, he learned Haryanvi in three months.
- Apart from acting, he is a great singer and has sung “Chaar Dina Ki”, a soundtrack in ‘Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola.’
- He is an ardent animal lover, and along with his mother and wife, has bought a four-acre plot and turned it into an animal shelter. He has also kept animal staff and veterinary doctors at the shelter to take care of the animals.
- He believes in spreading awareness among the Indian society, especially youth about various social issues.
- While shooting for Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, he took some candid shots of Kareena Kapoor to showcase his photography skills and it was liked by everyone on the set.
- He was also featured in a sarcastic video by All India Bakchod (AIB), which was against the criminalisation of gay sex and homophobia by the Supreme Court of India.
- Ranbir Kapoor had a huge crush on his wife Avantika back in the 90s when she used to work as a child artist in Sony TV’s popular show ‘Just Mohabbat.’
- He is an active supporter of the animal rights organisation PETA and also participates in their events on regular basis.