Karun Kaladharan Nair is an Indian international cricketer. He plays for the Karnataka cricket team in domestic cricket. He is a right-handed batsman and occasional off-break bowler. Nair made his One Day International (ODI) debut against the Zimbabwe team in 2016. And, also made his Test debut against England at Mohali. He has played for Royal Challengers Banglore, Rajasthan Royals, and Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League (IPL) previously, and later in 2018, he was signed by Kings XI Punjab.
|Real Name||Karun Kaladharan Nair|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 168 cm|
|in meters- 1.68 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”|
|Weight||in Kilograms- 67 kg|
|in Pounds- 148 lbs|
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 38 Inches|
|- Waist: 31 Inches|
|- Biceps: 12 Inches|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||Test- 26 November 2016 vs England in Mohali|
|ODI- 11 June 2016 vs Zimbabwe in Harare|
|Jersey Number||#69 (India)|
|Domestic/State Teams||Royal Challengers Bangalore, Karnataka, Rajasthan Royals, South Zone, Mangalore United, Delhi Daredevils|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm offbreak|
|Nature on field||Cool|
|Records/Achievements (main ones)||• Nair, while representing Karnataka in the 2013-14 Ranji season, scored three consecutive centuries in the quarters, semis and the finals, thus helping his team to a big win.|
|• In the final test match of England's tour of India (2016), Nair became only the second Indian after Virender Sehwag to score a triple ton (303*) in tests. Additionally, at 25 years and 13 days, Nair also overtook Sehwag's Indian record of being the youngest Test triple-centurion.|
|Career Turning Point||Nair's consistent performances for his team- Rajasthan Royals, at the 2014 edition of IPL gathered much needed attention.|
|Date of Birth||1991-12-06 00:00:00|
|Age (as in 2016)||25 Years|
|Birth Place||Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Hometown||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Kaladharan Nair (Businessman)|
|Mother- Prema Nair (School Teacher)|
|Brother- Not Known|
|Sister- Not Known|
|Favourite Cricketer||Sachin Tendulkar|
|Favourite Movie||Chak De! India|
|Girls, Family & More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Karun Nair
- Does Karun Nair smoke: Not Known
- Does Karun Nair drink alcohol: Not Known
- Karun Nair made his senior domestic debut in a List-A match during the 2012 Vijay Hazare Trophy. After spending the next season playing only limited-overs cricket, he eventually broke into the Karnataka Ranji Trophy side.
- In his debut Ranji season, Nair scored a mammoth 494 runs from six matches at an average of 61.75 with three consecutive centuries. Thus helping his team, Karnataka, in ending a 15-year ‘eternal’ wait for the trophy.
- At IPL, Nair was first picked up by the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) in 2013, where he played only 2 games. He was then picked up by the Rajasthan Royals (RR) in the following season for a whopping sum of INR 75 Lakhs. Nair justified his price by scoring 330 runs from 11 matches at a strike-rate of 142.24 which included three fifties.
- The 2014-15 Ranji Trophy season was a stern test of his consistency. Despite managing only a century and a fifty each, he scored over 700 runs at an average of 47.26 and helped Karnataka retain the title.
- Nair bagged an unfathomable deal at the 2016 edition of IPL. He was ‘bought’ by the Delhi Daredevils (DD) for a huge sum of INR 4 Crores, a bid 40 times his base price. Nayar again stood up to his price and became the second-highest run-getter for the DD, just behind Quinton De Kock.
- In July 2016, Karun Nair had a close shave with death while he was on a boat in the Pampa river during the famous ‘Aranmula Vallasadya’ (boat feast) in Kerala. The boat carrying Nair and 100 other passengers capsized when it was about to reach the Aranmulala temple. Fortunately, rescue boats reached the spot on time and saved all passengers from drowning