Read Time:2 Minute, 2 Second
Kunaal Roy Kapur is an Indian film actor and director, majorly known for acting in films such as Delhi Belly (2011), Nautanki Saala (2013) and The Final Exit (2017).
|Real Name||Kunaal Roy Kapur|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 180 cm|
|in meters- 1.80 m|
|in feet inches- 5 11|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 85 kg|
|in Pounds- 187 lbs|
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 41 Inches|
|- Waist: 35 Inches|
|- Biceps: 13 Inches|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||13-Jan-79|
|Age (as in 2017)||38 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||G D Somani Memorial School, Mumbai|
|College||St. Xavier's College, Mumbai|
|Debut||Film: Panga Na Lo (2007)|
|TV: Just Mohabbat (1998)|
|Direction: The President Is Coming (2009)|
|Web Series: TVF Tripling (2016)|
|Family||Father- Roy Kapur (Producer)|
|Mother- Salome Roy Kapur (Former model and Choreographer)|
|Brother- Siddharth Roy Kapur (Elder, Producer and CEO of UTV Motion Pictures), Adiya Roy Kapur (Younger, Actor)|
|Address||Kemps Corner, South Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Photography, doing theatre plays, swimming|
|Favourite Actress||Vidya Balan|
|Favourite Colour||Blue, White|
|Favourite Restaurant||Olive in Mumbai|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Wife/Spouse||Shayonti Salvi (Ceramic artist - m.2005-present)|
|Children||Son- Zahaan Roy Kapoor|
|Daughter- Shanaz Roy Kapoor|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Kunaal Roy Kapur
- Does Kunaal Roy Kapur smoke?: Not Known
- Does Kunaal Roy Kapur drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Kunaal was born to a Punjabi father and a Jewish mother.
- His father was an army man who met his mother at a bar when he was posted in Kashmir.
- His paternal grandfather, Raghupat Roy Kapur, migrated from Lahore, Pakistan to Mumbai in the 1940s, where he worked as a film producer.
- His maternal grandparents were both dance teachers, so, his mother too got trained in Latin American and ballroom dancing. His mother also worked as a choreographer.
- He was poor at studies throughout school and would get marks in the 40s.
- He started acting in theatre plays at the age of 12 and continued doing it through college and got selected for a Sony TV’s show called ‘Just Mohabbat’, just before completing his graduation.
- In his early 20s, he was interested in photography and assisted Boman Irani for a long time as a photographer. But, after Boman got busy with acting, Kunaal started running the photo studio with another boy till early 2007.
- Alongside running a photo studio, he also did theatre and directed a play called’ The President Is Coming’. Rohan Sippy, a film director, and son of ‘Sholay’ (1975) director, Ramesh Sippy, liked Kunaal’s play so much that he produced a film based on it with Kunaal as the director. Though the film was slated to release on the eve of 26/11, due to the 2008 Mumbai attacks, the film was postponed to January.
- His big break came with the 2011 hit ‘Delhi Belly’ (2011), where he played the role of a guy with constipation problems.
- He gained around 20 kg for ‘Delhi Belly’ and lost around 25 kg for his next film.
- He got married to his school friend Shayonti Salvi who was an interior designer and now is a ceramic artist. Kunaal Roy Kapur’ wife Shayonti, a ceramic artist
- He made an incredible change in his looks for his role as ‘Lawyer Reddy’ in Mohammed Azharuddin’s biopic ‘Azhar’ (2016).
- He is not active on social media.