Lisa Rani Ray is an Indian Canadian actress, author, columnist, model, performer, philanthropist, social activist, television and theater personality. Ray begun her modelling career in the early 1990s, appearing for leading Indian brands like Bombay Dyeing and Lakmé
|Full Name||Lisa Rani Ray|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm|
|in meters- 1.68 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5' 6"|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 57 Kg|
|in Pounds- 126 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Green|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||1972-04-04|
|Age (as in 2018)||46 Years|
|Birth Place||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Etobicoke, Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|School||Etobicoke Collegiate Institute, Islington, Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Richview Collegiate Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Silverthorn Collegiate Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|College||Central School of Speech and Drama, London|
|London Centre for Theatre Studies, London|
|Desmond Jones school of Physical Theatre, London|
|Academy of Live and Recorded Arts (ALRA), London|
|Educational Qualification||Post Graduate degree in Acting from the Academy of Live and Recorded Arts (ALRA) in 2004|
|Debut||Model : appeared in an advertisement for Bombay Dyeing in the 1990s|
|TV : As an anchor in the TV show Star Biz on Star Movies|
|Film : Special appearance- Hanste Khelte (Hindi, 1994)|
|Lead role- Kasoor (Hindi, 2001)|
|Awards||• In 2002, voted Star of the Future at the Toronto International Film Festival.|
|• Awarded Best Actresses for Water by the Vancouver Critics Circle.|
|• In 2009, Hello magazine named her one of Canada's 50 Most Beautiful Stars.|
|• In 2011, honored with a Special Achievement Award at Miss India-Canada.|
|• In 2013, awarded the prestigious 'Diamond Jubilee Medal.'|
|• In 2013, won Anokhi Prestige award for the film Water.|
|• In 2015, honored with the Medscape award for Most Inspirational Fighter.|
|Family||Father- L.K. Dutta|
|Mother- Jennifer Dutta|
|Sister- Not Known|
|Brother- Not Known|
|Ethnicity||Indian (father), Polish (mother)|
|Address||The Characters Talent Agency|
|8 Elm Street|
|Toronto, ON M5G-1G7|
|Hobbies||Doing Philanthropy, Dancing, Listening to Music, Doing Yoga, Reading, Writing|
|Favourite Food/Beverages||Smoothies, Juices, Salads|
|Favourite Directors||Federico Fellini, Satyajit Ray|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Jason Dehni, Management Consultant|
|Children||Daughters- 2 (twin daughters born in 2018 via surrogacy)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Lisa Ray
- Does Lisa Ray smoke?: Not Known
- Does Lisa Ray drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She was born to a Polish mother and Hindu Bengali father in Toronto, Canada.
- She was very close to her maternal grandmother and used to speak Polish with her.
- She was very friendly with her father and used to watch movies of Satyajit Ray and Federico Fellini.
- She also spent some of her childhood time in Calcutta (now Kolkata).
- She was excellent in her studies and completed 5 years of high school in 4 years.
- She first came to public attention in the 1990s when she appeared in the Bombay Dyeing advertisement opposite Karan Kapoor.
- She planned to attend a university in Canada to study journalism. However, her plan was derailed after her mother was injured in a car accident.
- She became a sensation after appearing on the cover of Gladrags magazine wearing a red Baywatch-style swimsuit.
- She was ranked 9th most beautiful woman of the millennium in a poll by Times of India.
- In the mid-1990s, she became famous worldwide after appearing in a music video of the late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan’s Aafreen Aafreen.
- She made her Bollywood debut in 2001 with Kasoor after turning down a number of roles.
- Divya Dutta dubbed her voice in Kasoor.
- In 2005, she appeared in the Oscar-nominated film Water by Deepa Mehta.
- She returned to Toronto in 2008 upon her mother’s death.
- She also appeared in a few uninhibited sex scenes.
- In 2009, she revealed that she has Multiple Myeloma at the Toronto International Film Festival.
- She also started a blog- The Yellow Diaries, to share her cancer experience.
- She underwent a stem cell transplant on Christmas 2009 and in April 2009, she announced that she was cancer-free due to the transplant. However, she is not completely cured of the disease as Multiple Myeloma is an incurable disease.
- She is considered an inspiration to the cancer patients.
- She is pure vegetarian and even avoids dairy products.