Meera Jasmine is a National Award winning actress known to be one of the best thespian talents in the South Indian film industry. With her innate ability to portray different of roles with panache, she stands out among her contemporaries. With her stellar performances in movies the actress has won the heart of a billion cinema lovers across the world. Meera who has worked in Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada films is known to have the innate ability to get into the skin of the characters she portrays.
|Real Name||Jasmine Mary Joseph|
|Famous Role||Deepti in Malayalam film Ore Kadal (2007)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 160 cm|
|in meters- 1.60 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5 3|
|Weight||in Kilograms- 53 kg|
|in Pounds- 117 lbs|
|Date of Birth||15-Feb-82|
|Age (as in 2017)||35 Years|
|Birth Place||Kuttapuzha, Thiruvalla, Kerala, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aquarius|
|Hometown||Kuttapuzha, Thiruvalla, Kerala, India|
|School||Bala Vihar, Kuttapuzha, Thiruvalla|
|Marthoma Residential School, Kuttapuzha, Thiruvalla|
|College||Assumption College, Changanasserry, Kerala|
|Education Qualifications||Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Zoology|
|Film Debut||Malayalam: Soothradharan (2001)|
|Tamil: Run (2002)|
|Telugu: Ammayi Bagundi (2004)|
|Kannada: Maurya (2004)|
|Family||Father- Joseph Philip|
|Mother- Aleyamma (Homemaker)|
|Brother- George Joseph (Assistant Cinematographer)|
|Sister- Jiby Sara Joseph (Actress), Jeny Susan Joseph (Actress)|
|Hobbies||Listening to music, watching movies|
|Controversies|| In Taliparamba, Kerala, she offered prayers at Raja Rajeshwara temple where the entry of non-Hindus is prohibited. This led to a controversy and sparked off a protest by Hindu devotees. Later, she paid 10,000/- as a penalty to the temple authorities for conducting the purification rituals.|
| In 2008, she faced an unofficial ban in the Malayalam film industry issued by AMMA (Association of Malayalam Movie Artistes), after she refused to shoot for the film Twenty:20. However, she said that she was not aware of the ban and that she was continuing shooting for Malayalam films.|
|Favourite Actors||Rajinikanth, Mammootty|
|Favourite Actress||Arundhati Roy|
|Favourite Food||Fish Curry|
|Favourite Music Director||Ilayaraja|
|Favourite Film Director||Mani Ratnam|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affair/Boyfriend||Mandolin U. Rajesh (Musician)|
|Anil John Titus (Works as an Engineer in Dubai)|
|Husband||Anil John Titus (Works as an Engineer in Dubai)|
|Children||Daughter- Not Known|
|Son- Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Meera Jasmine
- Does Meera Jasmine smoke?: Not Known
- Does Meera Jasmine drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Meera belongs to a Syrian Christian family.
- Initially, she wanted to become a doctor but later, she chose acting as her career.
- She started her acting career in 2001 by playing the role of Shivani in the Malayalam film Soothradharan.
- She worked in different languages such as Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, and Kannada.
- In 2007, she won numerous popular awards for her performance in the Malayalam film Ore Kadal (2007) for Best Actress such as Kerala State Film Award, Filmfare Awards South, Asianet Film Award, V. Shantaram Award, Vanitha Film Award, Dubai AMMA award, FOKANA Award, Amrita Film Award, Sreevidya Puraskaaram, and Tharangini Film Award.