Read Time:4 Minute, 8 Second
Mohanlal is an Indian actor, producer, playback singer, and distributor, who predominantly works in Malayalam cinema. He has had a prolific career spanning over four decades, during which he has acted in more than 340 films.
|Real Name||Mohanlal Viswanathan Nair|
|Nickname||Lalettan, Laalu, Universal Star, The Complete Actor|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 172 cm|
|in meters- 1.72 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5’ 7¾”|
|Weight||in Kilograms- 82 kg|
|in Pounds- 181 lbs|
|Body Measurements||Chest: 42 Inches|
|Waist: 36 Inches|
|Biceps: 13 Inches|
|Date of Birth||1960-05-21|
|Age (as in 2016)||56 Years|
|Birth Place||Elanthoor, Pathanamthitta, Kerala, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|School||Glps Mudavanmugal School, Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala|
|Model School, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala|
|College||Mahatma Gandhi College, Thiruvananthapuram, India|
|Education Qualifications||Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)|
|Debut||Film Debut: Manjil Virinja Pookkal (Malayalam, 1980), Company (Bollywood, 2002), Chandramukhi (Tamil, 2005)|
|Production Debut: Bharatham (Malayalam, 1991)|
|Singing Debut: Sindooramegham Shringaarakaavyam ... (Malayalam, 1985)|
|Family||Father- Viswanathan Nair (Advocate)|
|Mother- Santhakumari Nair|
|Brother- Pyare Lal (Elder, Died)|
|Sister- Not Known|
|Hobbies||Collecting antiques & artifacts|
|Favorite Actor||Kamal Haasan|
|Favorite Film||Unnaipol Oruvan (Tamil, 2009)|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Salary||2 to 3 Crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Mohanlal in News
Posts not found
Some Lesser Known Facts About Mohanlal
- Does Mohanlal smoke?: Not Known
- Does Mohanlal drink alcohol?: Not Known
- When Mohanlal was in sixth grade at Model School, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, he won his first Best Actor Award for a stage play Computer Boy by Veloor Krishnankutty in which he enacted a ninety-year-old person.
- He is a wrestler and a martial art expert.
- He was the Kerala state wrestling champion from 1977 to 1978.
- During his college days, he founded a company named Bharath Cine Group along with his friends and started shooting his first film called Thiranottam, but due to censorship issue, the film was released after 25 years.
- In 1980, he got the lead antagonist role of Narendran in the Malayalam film Manjil Virinja Pookkal, which was his first released film.
- He donated his first salary of Rs. 2,000 to the nearby St. Antony’s orphanage; the salary was given by Malika C Devi, the Retired Corporation Council Secretary for his first released Malayalam film Manjil Virinja Pookkal (1980).
- In 1987, he worked in radio drama Jeevanulla Prathimakal, which was broadcasted on Akashvani.
- He is the only south Indian actor who got the Mother Teressa Charity Award in 2000.
- In 2001, he was honored with the Padma Shri Award for his contributions towards Indian cinema.
- In 2003, he won the IMA Award by Indian Medical Association.
- He was honored with the title of Lieutenant Colonel in the Territorial Army of India (2009); Doctor of Letters (2010) from Sree Sankaracharya University of Sanskrit, Kerala; and a Blackbelt in Taekwondo (2012).
- He is the son-in-law of late popular producer- K. Balaji.
- He is the highest paid actor of Malayalam film industry.
- He has his own official blog site, and an android app as well.
- He is the owner of Pranavam Arts (Film Production Company) and Pranamam (Film Distribution Agency).
- Apart from being an actor, he is also a great producer; he produced several films like Vanaprastham (1999), Harikrishnans (1998), Kanmadam (1998), Kala Pani (1996), etc.
- He has also worked in some short films like Reflections (2005), Wilson Periera (2010), Punchirikku Parasparam (2015), and Lodal Loda Lodalu (2016).
- His brother Pyare Lal died during a military exercise.
- He is the director of a major Kozhikode-based seafood export company named Uni Royal Marian Exports.
- He has an ‘enviable’ collection of paintings.
- He owns many restaurants such as Mohanlal’s Tastebuds in Dubai, Travancore Court in Kochi, and The Harbour Market in Bangalore.
- He is the goodwill ambassador of AIDS awareness campaign by Kerala State AIDS Control Society, Kerala Athletics, and Kerala Handloom textiles.
- He won the title of Most Popular Keralite as per the survey conducted by CNN-IBN’s The Golden South Poll (2006) with 69.98% votes and Deccan Chronicle (2011) with 29% votes.
- He ranked #1 in the popular choice section as the Best Actor of the Decade (2002-2008), a survey conducted by HindiFilmNews.com.
- In 2008, he underwent 18 months of escape artist training under the Magician Gopinath Muthukad. He planned to perform a stunt Burning Illusion in Thiruvananthapuram but later it was cancelled on allegations that it was a dangerous act. Magician Samraj protested against the act and later it got shelved.
- In 2009, he was honored with the title- People of the Year in the Limca Book of World Records.
- He won the title of Most Influential Indian 2013 from Kerala by an online survey conducted by Outlook India.
- He is the founder of Maxlab Cinemas and Entertainments, an Indian film distribution company in Kochi, and Vismayas Max, Kerala’s first DTS studio in Kinfra Film and Video Park, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- He was the captain of the Kerala Strikers team in the CCL (Celebrity Cricket League), which was held in 2012 , 2013 and 2014.
- He worked in over 320 Malayalam films.
- He also worked in some Tamil and Hindi-language films like Chandramukhi (Tamil, 2005), Company (Hindi, 2002), Aag (Hindi, 2007), etc.
- He is also a singer and has sung numerous songs such as Sindooramegham Shringaarakaavyam … (Onnaanaam Kunnil Oradikkunnil, 1985), Neeyarinjo Mele Manathu … (Kandu Kandarinju, 1985), etc.
- He owns a house at Burj Khalifa.
- He also owns a stock broking company called Hedge Equities.
- He is a big fan of cricket.
- He is a very religious & spiritual person. He used to travel all over the world and visit many spiritual places for better concentration and focus.
- He wrote the screenplay of the Malayalam film Swapnamalika (2011), which was directed by K.A Devarajan.
- He is an independent director of Clenergen India Private Limited.
- He plans to launch few schools to enter the cash-rich education segment.