Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao, also known as Jr. N.T.R or Tarak, is an Indian film actor and television personality known for his works in Telugu cinema. He is the grandson of Telugu actor N. T. Rama Rao, who was the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh and who was commonly referred to as “NTR”
|Full Name||Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao Jr.|
|Nickname(s)||Jr. NTR, Tarak, Tiger NTR|
|Famous Role||Raja in the Telugu film Yamadonga (2007)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm|
|in meters- 1.75 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 78 kg|
|in Pounds- 172 lbs|
|Body Measurements (approx.)||Chest: 43 Inches|
|Waist: 32 Inches|
|Biceps: 15 Inches|
|Date of Birth||1983-05-20|
|Age (as in 2019)||36 Years|
|Birth Place||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|School||Vidyaranya High School, Hyderabad|
|St. Mary's College, Hyderabad (Intermediate)|
|College/University||Vignan College, Vadlamudi, Andhra Pradesh|
|Debut||Film: Brahmashri Vishwamitra (Telugu-as child actor, 1991), Ninnu Choodalani (Telugu-as lead actor, 2001)|
|TV: Baktha Markandeya (Telugu, 1997)|
|Singing: O Lammi Thikkaregindha (Telugu, 2007), Geleya Geleya (Kannada, 2016)|
|Family||Father- Late Nandamuri Harikrishna|
|Mother- Shalini Bhaskar Rao (Homemaker), Lakshmi (Step-mother)|
|Brothers- Janaki Ram (Half-brother), Nandamuri Kalyan Ram (Half-brother)|
|Sister- Nandamuri Suhasini (Half-sister)|
|Address||Road no. 31, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad|
|Hobbies||Cooking, Dancing, Singing, Reading|
|Favourite Food||Biryani, Chicken 65|
|Favourite Colours||Blue, black|
|Favourite Films||Missamma (Telugu, 1955), Ramudu Bheemudu (Telugu, 1964)|
|Favourite Travel Destination||Paris|
|Favourite Sports||Badminton and Cricket|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Son(s)- Nandamuri Abhay Ram and Bhargava Ram|
|Salary||13-15 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth||$2 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About N. T. Rama Rao Jr.
- N. T. Rama Rao Jr. was born and brought up in Hyderabad, Telangana, India.Jr.
- He is the grandson of Telugu actor & former Chief Minister (CM) of Andhra Pradesh, N. T. Rama Rao.N T Rama Rao
N T Rama Rao
- What a coincidence! His step-grandmother, step-mother, and wife have the same first name- ‘Lakshmi.’
- He was born as “Tarak.” However, he got his name ‘Nandamuri Tharaka Rama Rao’while shooting for the film “Brahmarshi Vishwamitra,” which was directed by Sr NTR.
- He is a trained Kuchipudi dancer.
- He made his first on-screen appearance in 1991 as a child artist in the Telugu film ”Brahmashri Vishwamitra” as Bharata.Jr.
- In 2001, he got the lead role of Venu in Telugu film ”Ninnu Choodalani.”
- For the film “Yamadonga,” he had lost around 20 kg of his weight.
- Apart from India, he has a massive fan following in Japan and his film “Baadshah” was also nominated for the film festival in Japan.
- His song “Sairo Sairo” from the film ‘Baadshah’ is very popular in Hong Kong.
- In 2009, he campaigned for the Telugu Desam Party (TDP) in the Lok Sabha Elections.
- On 26 March 2009, he met an accident when he was on his way back to Hyderabad after an election campaign, the SUV in which he was travelling was struck head-on with another vehicle at Khammam. He suffered serious injuries and was rushed to KIMS Hospital in Hyderabad.
- Apart from being an actor, he is also a singer and has sung numerous popular songs like Lammi Thikkaregindha from the Telugu film ”Yamadonga” (2007), 123 Nenoka Kantri from the Telugu film ”Kantri” (2008), Geleya Geleya from the Kannada film ”Chakravyuha” (2016), etc.
- He is the brand ambassador for several brands viz. Malabar Gold, Himani Navratna Hair Oil & talc powder, Boro Plus Powder, and Zandu Balm in Andhra Pradesh & Telangana.
- Jr. NTR was the first choice for blockbuster films “Dil,” “Bhadra,” “Athanokkade,” “Srimanthudu,” “Kick,” “Aarya,” and “Krishna,” but he declined the films due to his busy schedule.
Here’s an interesting video about Jr. NTR’s biography: