Nita Mukesh Ambani is the the chairperson and founder of the Reliance Foundation, Dhirubhai Ambani International School and a non-executive director of Reliance Industries. She is married to Reliance Industries chairman and managing director Mukesh Ambani.
|Profession/Occupation||Chairperson, Reliance Foundation|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm|
|in meters- 1.65 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5’ 5”|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 58 kg|
|in Pounds- 128 lbs|
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-28-35|
|Eye Colour||Light Brown|
|Date of Birth||1963-11-01|
|Age (as in 2018)||55 Years|
|College/University||Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Educational Qualifications||A Bachelor's degree in Commerce|
|Family||Father- Ravindrabhai Dalal (a senior executive of the Birla group)|
|Mother- Purnima Dalal|
|Sister- Mamta Dalal (Teacher)|
|Hobbies||Doing Philanthropic activities, Teaching, Dancing, Swimming, Listening to music, Travelling, Reading, Watching Movies|
|Favourite Dance Form||Bharatanatyam|
|Favourite Books||Famous Five and The Secret Seven by Enid Blyton|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Children||Sons- Akash Ambani, Anant Ambani|
|Daughter- Isha M. Ambani|
|Net Worth (as in 2018)||$40.1 billion (₹2,60,622 crore)|
|Cars Collection||Bentley Flying Spur, Rolls Royce Phantom, Mercedes Benz S Class, Maybach 62, BMW 760li|
|Jet Collection||Boeing Business Jet 2, Falcon 900EX, Airbus 319 Corporate Jet|
|House/Estate||27 story house Antilia worth $1 billion (approx.)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nita Ambani
- Does Nita Ambani smoke?: Not Known
- Does Nita Ambani drink alcohol?: Not Known
- She was born to Purnima Dalal and Ravindrabhai Dalal in Mumbai.
- She grew up in a middle-class joint family.
- Her Grandfather was a French Professor in Calcutta (now Kolkata).
- Nita’s younger sister, Mamta Dalal is a teacher-cum-administrator at Dhirubhai Ambani School in Bandra and has taught some of the most well-known kids in the country, including Shah Rukh Khan‘s daughter, Suhana Khan and Sachin Tendulkar‘s son, Arjun Tendulkar.
- She loves teaching very much and has a passion for teaching since her youth.
- Her earliest ambition was to become a classical dancer, and now, she has become a classic case of the accidental businesswoman.
- After getting married to Mukesh Ambani, she set up a rural school near the Patalganga Plant to harness her passion for teaching and then she set up another school at Jamnagar and then Dhirubhai Ambani International School in South Mumbai.
- She wanted to become a lawyer but had to quit her law studies after her father-in-law fell ill.
- Once, she made Mukesh Ambani ride on a Best Bus in Mumbai in order to meet her.
- She is a trained Bharatanatyam dancer.
- When her future father-in-law, Dhirubhai Ambani, called her after seeing her performing a Bhartanatyam dance, she could not believe that it was Dhirubhai Ambani and put the call off and when he called her for the second time and said- “I am Dhirubhai Ambani“, she replied- “Yeah so, I am Elizabeth Taylor.”
- For the first 20 years after her marriage, she was out of limelight.
- As a part of the CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility), she started as the chairperson and founder of- Reliance Foundation.
- She owns a franchise Cricket Team- Mumbai Indians.
- She was elected to the Board of Reliance Industries in 2014.
- On 4 August 2016, Nita Ambani became the first Indian Woman to be elected as a member of the International Olympic Committee (IOC).