Nithya Menen has made a mark in South Indian cinema through several memorable performances, winning a number of prestigious accolades including the Nandi, Filmfare and SIIMA Awards along the way. Nithya’s filmography spans across Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada and Telugu cinema
|Real Name||Nithya Menen|
|Profession||Actress, Playback Singer|
|Famous Role||Tara in O Kadhal Kanmani (2015)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 160 cm|
|in meters- 1.60 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5’ 3”|
|Weight||in Kilograms- 54 kg|
|in Pounds- 119 lbs|
|Date of Birth||1988-04-08|
|Age (as in 2016)||28 Years|
|Birth Place||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Aries|
|Hometown||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|College||Manipal Institute of Communication, Manipal, Karnataka|
|Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune, Maharashtra|
|Education Qualifications||Graduation in Journalism, Course in Cinematography|
|Debut||Film Debut: The Monkey Who Knew Too Much (Indian English language film, 1998), Seven O' Clock (Kannada, 2005), Akasha Gopuram (Malayalam, 2008), Ala Modalaindi (Telugu, 2011), Nootrenbadhu (Tamil, 2011)|
|TV Debut: Choti Maa...Ek Anokha Bandhan (Hindi, 2001)|
|Singing Debut: Payasa (Kannada, 2010), Edo Anukunte (Telugu, 2011), Ammammo Ammo (Malayalam, 2011), Hi my name is malini (Tamil, 2013)|
|Family||Father- Not Known|
|Mother- Not Known|
|Brother- Not Known|
|Sister- Not Known|
|Favorite Colors||Black, Blue|
|Favorite Film Director||Mani Ratnam|
|Favorite Cuisine||South Indian|
|Favorite Films||Hollywood: Titanic (1997), The Matrix (1999), Spider-Man (2002)|
|Favorite Music Director||A. R. Rahman|
|Favorite Destinations||Kerala, London, Goa|
|Favorite Singer||Shreya Ghoshal|
|Favorite Writer||John Grisham|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Nithya Menen
- Does Nithya Menen smoke?: Not Known
- Does Nithya Menen drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Nithya belongs to a Malayali family.
- At the age of 10, she made her first screen appearance as a child artist in the Indian English language film, The Monkey Who Knew Too Much (1998).
- In 2005, she got the lead role of Anu in Kannada cinematographer Santosh Rai Pataje’s film, Seven O’ Clock.
- She has worked in different languages such as Hindi, Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu, and Tamil.
- Apart from being an actress, she is also a singer and has sung numerous songs in different languages such as Payasa (Kannada, 2010), Edo Anukunte (Telugu, 2011), Ammammo Ammo (Malayalam, 2011), Oh Priya Priya (Telugu, 2012), Payasam (Malayalam, 2012), etc.
- She has won several awards in the Best Actress category, such as Nandi Award (2011) for Ala Modalaindi, Filmfare Award (2014) for Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde, Filmfare Critics Award (2016) for Malli Malli Idhi Rani Roju, and SIIMA Award (2016) for O Kadhal Kanmani.