Read Time:1 Minute, 33 Second
Parthiv Ajay Patel is an Indian national cricketer who has played at national as well as for international matches. He is a left-handed batsman, wicketkeeper, and a member of the Indian national cricket team. He plays for Gujrat in the domestic cricket. With the arrival of MS Dhoni as a wicketkeeper-batsman and his subsequent reign as captain of the Indian team, Parthiv got fewer opportunities – as did the opportunities for most other aspiring wicketkeepers in the country. But, he rose up back once IPL teams demanded him. He has played for India, Chennai Super Kings, India Green, Kochi Tuskers Kerala, Deccan Chargers, West Zone, Gujarat, Board Presidents XI, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Mumbai Indians, India Red, India B, India A.
|Parthiv Patel (Cricketer)|
|Real Name||Parthiv Ajay Patel|
|Nickname||PP and Bachcha|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (Batsman and Wicket-keeper)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 163 cm|
|in meters- 1.63 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”|
|Weight||in Kilograms- 62 kg|
|in Pounds- 137 lbs|
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 38 Inches|
|- Waist: 30 Inches|
|- Biceps: 13 Inches|
|International Debut||Test- 8 August 2002 vs England in Nottingham|
|ODI- 4 January 2003 vs New Zealand in Queenstown|
|T20- 4 June 2011 vs West Indies in Port of Spain|
|#42(IPL, County Cricket)|
|Domestic/State Team||India, Chennai Super Kings, Deccan Chargers, Gujarat, India Green, Kochi Tuskers Kerala, Mumbai Indians, Rajasthan Cricket Association President's XI, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Sunrisers Hyderabad|
|Nature on field||Calm|
|Likes to play against||Pakistan|
|Favourite Shot||Pull shot|
|Records (main ones)||• Youngest wicket-keeper in Test history (17 years).|
|• He is the only Indian batsman to score 5 hundreds in consecutive innings in first-class cricket history.|
|Career Turning Point||Performance in the 2004 series against Australia.|
|Date of Birth||1985-03-09 00:00:00|
|Age (as in 2017)||32 Years|
|Birth Place||Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Ajay Patel|
|Mother- Not Known|
|Brother- Not Known|
|Sisters- Not Known|
|Controversies||There was a rumour that once he applied for the post of Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) in the Income Tax department.|
|Favourite Cricketer||Batsman: Adam Gilchrist and Kumar Sangakkara|
|Bowler: Anil Kumble, Harbhajan Singh and Waqar Younis|
|Favourite Actor||Akshay Kumar, Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Actress||Deepika Padukone, Yami Gautam and Parineeti Chopra|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Avni Zaveri (Interior designer)|
|Wife||Avni Zaveri (Interior designer)|
Some lesser-known facts about Parthiv Patel
- Does Parthiv Patel smoke?: No
- Does Parthiv Patel drink alcohol?: No
- Parthiv was the youngest wicket-keeper in Test history with 17 years of age.
- He considers Adam Gilchrist as his role-model.
- When he toured London with the Indian cricket team in 2002, he was assumed as the Indian team mascot in the Wisden Indian Cricketer of the Century Awards.
- During the 2004 Border-Gavaskar series in Australia, he sledged Steve Waugh by saying, “Come on Steve, just one more of your popular slog-sweeps before you quit.” after which Waugh replied him, “Show a bit of respect. You were in nappies when I debuted 18 years ago.”
- Once he was fined 60% of his match fees for over-appealing for numerous occasions against Pakistan at Lahore.
- In 2003, popular TV show MTV Bakra trapped him into a troubled situation to see how he copes up with it.
- He played for 6 teams in the Indian Premier League (IPL): Chennai Super Kings, Kochi Tuskers, Deccan Chargers, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Royal Challengers Bangalore, and Mumbai Indians.