Piyush Chawla is an Indian Professional cricketer playing for the Indian National team. Chawla began his career right at the very young age of 15 representing the Indian team at the U-19 level by playing against England. He is a leg-spinning all-rounder in domestic cricket. Chawla has been part of the many International matches. He has played for Kings XI Punjab, Kolkata Knight Riders previously in the Indian Premier League (IPL), and later he was bought by Chennai Super kings ahead of IPL 2020.
|Piyush Chawla (Cricketer)|
|Real Name||Piyush Chawla|
|Profession||Indian Cricketer (All-rounder)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 168 cm|
|in meters- 1.68 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5’ 6”|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 63 kg|
|in Pounds- 139 lbs|
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 39 Inches|
|- Waist: 33 Inches|
|- Biceps: 11.5 Inches|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||Test- 9 March 2006 vs England in Mohali|
|ODI- 12 May 2007 vs Bangladesh in Dhaka|
|T20- 2 May 2010 vs South Africa in St Lucia|
|Jersey Number||#11 (India)|
|Domestic/State Teams||Uttar Pradesh, Kings XI Punjab, Sussex, Somerset, Kolkata Knight Riders|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm fast-medium|
|Nature on field||Aggressive|
|Records/Achievements (main ones)||• While playing against England U-19 in 2004, Chawla took 13 wickets in two test matches averaging just above 12.|
|• In his first-class debut match against South Zone in Duleep Trophy 2005-06, Chawla contributed 60 runs to the eight-wicket stand of 92 runs with Harvinder Singh.|
|• Chawla claimed 4 wickets in 8 overs conceding just 8 runs in the 2006 U-19 World Cup final. He also scored unbeaten 25 runs knock in the match.|
|• While playing for Sussex County Club in 2009, Chawla took 8 wickets in a match against Worcestershire. He performed quite good with the bat as well by scoring 102 not out after facing only 86 deliveries while batting at number 9.|
|Career Turning Point||His considerable performance in the Under-19 World Cup 2006 got him an early call-up from the Indian National team's test squad for the series against England.|
|Date of Birth||1988-12-24 00:00:00|
|Age (as in 2016)||28 Years|
|Birth Place||Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Hometown||Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Family||Father- Pramod Kumar Chawla|
|Mother- Not Known|
|Brother- Not Known|
|Sister- Not Known|
|Hobbies||Listening to music|
|Favourite Cricketer||Anil Kumble|
|Girls, Family & More|
|Wife||Anubhuti Chauhan (m. 2013)|
|Children||Daughter- Not Known|
|Son- Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Piyush Chawla
- Does Piyush Chawla smoke? : Not Known
- Does Piyush Chawla drink alcohol? : Not Known
- He was just 16 when he took the wicket of Sachin Tendulkar in a domestic match. Chawla considers the wicket to be the most cherished wicket.
- Chawla has 17 years 75 days when he first played for India in the test format and became the second-youngest player to play for India after Sachin Tendulkar.
- He holds different personalities for different formats. Chawla is being considered as a specialist leg spinner in the international team, while he shows his intent as a quality all-rounder in domestic cricket.
- Chawla in an interview with the EspnCricinfo revealed his favorite Uttar Pradesh phase, which is “Chidha rahe ho boss? (You teasing me, mate?)”.
- Whenever he was dropped from the Indian team, former Indian leg-break bowler, Anil Kumble motivated him.
- He says his shorter height has always been a boon rather than a curse for him. It, according to Chawla, gives him enough space to flight the ball, which is quite useful for the spin bowlers.
- In an interview, he said that he would pay anything to see Sachin Tendulkar playing against his arch-rival Shane Warne.