Ranbir Kapoor is an Indian film actor. He is one of the highest-paid actors of Hindi cinema and has featured in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list since 2012. Kapoor is the recipient of several awards, including six Filmfare Awards.
|Full Name||Ranbir Raj Kapoor|
|Profession(s)||Actor, Producer and Businessman|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 183 cm|
|in meters- 1.83 m|
|in Feet Inches- 6’|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||1982-09-28|
|Age (as in 2019)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Signature||Ranbir Kapoor Signature|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai|
|College/Institutes||H.R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai|
|School of Visual Arts, New York|
|Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute, New York|
|Educational Qualification||A Course on film making from the School of Visual Arts|
|Debut||Film (Actor): Saawariya (2007)|
|Film (Producer): Jagga Jasoos (2017)|
|Address||Pali Hill, Bandra West, Mumbai (56 KrishnaRaj, Pali Hill, Bandra [W], Mumbai – 400050)|
|Hobbies||Playing Football, Travelling and Watching Movies|
|Likes/Dislikes||Likes: Spending Time With Family, Friends, and Dogs, Watching Movies, Playing on Xbox and Playstation, Playing Football, Randomly Staring at the Ceiling|
|Dislikes: Tendli, Rudeness and Negging Others|
|2008: Best Male Debut for Saawariya|
|2010: Best Actor (Critics) for Wake Up Sid, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year|
|2012: Best Actor for Rockstar, Best Actor (Critics) for Rockstar|
|2013: Best Actor for Barfi!|
|2007: Sabsey Favourite Naya Hero for Saawariya at Star's Sabsey Favourite Kaun Awards|
|2013: Screen Award for Best Actor (Popular Choice) for Barfi!|
|Note: Along with these, he has many other awards, honours, and achievements to his name.|
|Tattoo(s)||On His Wrist: Written "Awara" in hindi|
|Right Palm: A Cross symbol|
|Controversies||• In his younger days, when he was partying at a pub, he met Salman Khan there and while partying they had an exchange of words during which Salman slapped him.|
|• He attracted controversy when he revealed that he was asked to "Get Lost" by Natalie Portman. He saw her at Tribeca, a film festival where she was busy on phone and crying, he quickly stopped her and said "I Love Your .." and before he could say work, she said, "Get Lost".|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Nandita Mahtani (Fashion Designer)|
|Deepika Padukone (2007-2009)|
|Katrina Kaif (2012-2016)|
|Parents||Father- Rishi Kapoor (Actor)|
|Mother- Neetu Singh (Actress)|
|Grandparents||Grandfather- Raj Kapoor|
|Grandmother- Krishna Kapoor|
|Uncle and Aunt||Paternal Uncle- Randhir Kapoor|
|Paternal Aunt- Babita Shivdasani|
|Sister- Riddhima Kapoor Sahani|
|Cousin Sisters- Kareena Kapoor, Karisma Kapoor|
|Food||Italian, Chinese, Home made Food especially Bhindi, Jungli Mutton, Paya|
|Dessert(s)||Mishti Doi, Creme Brulee and Gulab Jamun|
|Fruit(s)||Mosambi, Bananas, Water-Melon|
|Restaurant(s)||Gajalee, Ling’s Pavillion|
|Actor(s)||Bollywood: Rishi Kapoor, Akshaye Khanna|
|Hollywood: Dustin Hoffman, Al Pacino|
|Actresses||Bollywood: Kajol, Madhuri Dixit|
|Hollywood: Jennifer Connelly, Natalie Portman|
|Film(s)||Bollywood: 'Shree 420'|
|Hollywood: 'Life is Beautiful'|
|Song(s)||Kisiki Muskurahaton Pe Ho Nisaar (Anari), ‘The Boxer’ by Simon and Garfunkel, Channa Mereya|
|Singer||A. R. Rahman|
|TV Show||Travel and Living|
|Colour(s)||Red, White & Black|
|Book||Heavier Than Heaven by Charles R. Cross|
|Cartoon||Tom and Jerry|
|Destination(s)||New York, USA, Venice, Puglia in Italy|
|Director(s)||Anurag Basu, Sanjay Leela Bhansali|
|Cars Collection||Audi A8, Audi R8, Range Rover Sport, Mercedes-Benz G63|
|Bike Collection||Harley Davidson|
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 20-25 Crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 307 Crore ($39 Million)|
Ranbir Kapoor in News
Posts not found
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ranbir Kapoor
- Does Ranbir Kapoor smoke?: Yes
- Does Ranbir Kapoor drink alcohol?: Yes
- Ranbir is the fourth generation of the highly prestigious and first family of Bollywood-
- Ranbir got his name from his grandfather, Raj Kapoor, as his real name was Ranbir Raj Kapoor.
- Since his childhood, he was good at playing football and had also performed at the district level.
- He considers football as his favourite stress-buster and is the co-owner of the Indian Super League football team Mumbai City FC.Ranbir Kapoor’s Football Team Mumbai City FC
- He was very much naughty in his childhood; as he used to break toys to explore what’s inside them. Even afterward, he once pushed the Fire Alarm in New York to check by which time the guards appear.
- In class 7, he had his first girlfriend.
- He was the first from his Kapoor group to pass Class 10 and finish College.
- In his teens, he had a huge crush on Imran Khan‘s wife, Avantika Malik.
- Before the start of his acting career, he assisted Rishi Kapoor and Sanjay Leela Bhansali in the movies- Aa Ab Laut Chalen and Black.
- During the 9/11 attack in New York in 2001, he was on the street near the World Trade Center.
- During the shoot of his debut film Saawariya, around 100 people saw him naked in his towel dance song, which was Jab Se Tere Naina.
- With his first earnings, he bought a Hublot watch.
- His mother is a health freak and takes care of Ranbir’s health by giving him healthy vegetable juices every morning.
- Ranbir has an inch long cut on his right cheek; as he was rushing to the bathroom in his childhood days and fell down on the pot.
- Besides acting, he is a trained Jazz and Ballet dancer. He has also undergone horse riding classes.
Ranbir Kapoor Dancing
- He took two years training for Tabla and also learned to play the guitar for his movie Rockstar.
- During his shoot for Wake-Up Sid, he tried around 65-70 boxers for the introducing shot, and all the boxers he has worn in the film were his personal boxers.
- It was revealed in some TV show that whenever Ranbir wants to look healthy for some award show or a ramp walk, he wears two to three T-Shirts under his attire and even sometimes wears the double number of jeans.
- Ranbir was the first choice for the role of Bittoo Sharma in the movie Band Baja Baarat, but he wasn’t able to get that. Later, he regretted not being the part of the film at Koffee With Karan.
- He was approached for the second lead in Star Wars, but he refused.
- In an interview with Arnab Goswami, he told that his biggest inspiration is his grandfather, not his father, although he is a big fan of his father’s work and has watched all of his movies.
- Apart from earning a handsome amount of money from his films, he still takes his pocket money of ₹1500/week from his mother.
- Ranbir suffers from Nasal Deviated Septum due to which he speaks and eats really fast.
- He has often tried to quit smoking, but he couldn’t. He admitted in an interview that he lacks the willpower to quit smoking.
- He is very much Brand conscious and prefers wearing Prada slippers at home.
- For his song “Naadan Parinde” in the film- Rockstar in 2011, he tried nearly 2 dozen wigs.
- On his 30th birthday, Sanjay Dutt gifted him a red Harley Davidson motorcycle.
- He has a Mumma’s Boy personality, as he is very close to her mother and according to some online sources, her mother used to cut his nails off.
- Ranbir is a coffee buff and drinks 2 cups of Espresso after waking up. Moreover, he carries his Espresso machine with him on his shoots.
- He has a habit of adding up the digits on the number plate of every vehicle that he sees on the road, while he is driving.
- Despite having a happy go lucky personality, he is a very emotional person as in an interview, he stated that he cries very often.
- He has not seen any of his mother’s movie because he told that he feels shy about watching it, as he avoids if someone would comment on his mother’s work.
- Ranbir is addicted to Candy Crush that whenever he finds some leisure time, he loves playing it.
- In 2018, he was seen in “Sanju”, an Indian biographical drama film based on the life of actor Sanjay Dutt, and Ranbir has portrayed Sanjay Dutt in the film.
- “Sanju” became Ranbir’s first film to reach the ₹200 crore mark.
- His great-grandfather Prithviraj Kapoor was a cousin of Surinder Kapoor (Anil Kapoor‘s father).
Ranbir Kapoor on Instagram and Twitter
— RAJ BANSAL (@rajbansal9) June 29, 2020