Ranjini Haridas is a TV anchor, model, singer and RJ. She made her debut in media in 1986 as a child extra in Geetham. she has hosted several stage shows such as Asianet Film Awards, Amrita TV Film Awards, Asiavision Awards, Flowers TV awards and many more.
|Real Name||Ranjini Haridas|
|Profession(s)||Actress, TV Presenter|
|Famous For||Hosting reality TV show 'Star Singer'|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 158 cm|
|in meters- 1.58 m|
|in feet inches- 5’ 2”|
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 55 kg|
|in pounds- 121 lbs|
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||34-26-34|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||1980-04-23|
|Age (as in 2018)||38 Years|
|Birthplace||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Taurus|
|Hometown||Kochi, Kerala, India|
|School||The Choice School, Kochi, Kerala|
|College||St. Teresa's College, Ernakulam, Kerala|
|Educational Qualification(s)||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in English Literature|
|Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.)|
|Debut||Malayalam Film: Geetham (1986, as child artist)|
|China Town (2011, as actress)|
|Malayalam TV: Star Singer (2007)|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Writing Poems, Travelling, Playing Badminton|
|Awards, Achievements||2000- Femina Miss Kerala|
|2008- Asianet Television Award for Best Anchor for TV show 'Star Singer' Season 3|
|2012- Asianet Television Awards for Best Anchor for TV show 'Star Singer' Season 5 & 6|
|Controversies||• In 2011, during the grand finale of singing reality show 'Star Singer,' film actor 'Jagathy Sreekumar' openly criticised Ranjini for her alleged fake Malayalam accent and for passing judgments to the contestants in spite of being a host.|
|• In 2013, Ranjini was filed a complaint against flight passenger 'Binoy Cherian' who had accused her at the Nedumbaserry Airport by using abusive language. Later, Binoy Cherian's wife 'Kochurani' also registered a complaint against Ranjini.|
|• In 2014, V. K. Venkitachalam of Heritage Animal Task Force complained actresses 'Nazriya Nazim' and 'Ranjini Haridas' at the Forest Department and the Central Animal Welfare Board by claiming that they used the Forest Department elephants for safari without the consent of the Central Animal Welfare Board.|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Name Not Known (Director)|
|Parents||Father- Haridasan (Air Force Personnel, Died)|
|Mother- Sujatha (Homemaker)|
|Car Collection||Audi Q3 Dynamic|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Ranjini Haridas
- Does Ranjini Haridas smoke?: No
- Does Ranjini Haridas drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Ranjini made her first on-screen appearance as a child artist in 1986 by playing the role of a school kid in the Malayalam film ‘Geetham.’
- At the age of 8, she lost her father, and her grandparents financed her education.
- At the age of 21, she went to Bangalore and worked there for almost two years in an IT company.
- After that, Ranjini went abroad where she did her master’s degree in Business Administration.
- She again returned to Kerala and joined the entertainment industry to fulfill her dreams of becoming an actress.
- She is one of the highest paid TV anchors in the Malayalam entertainment industry.
- In 2010, she participated in the ‘Keli International Kalamela’ event that held in Switzerland.
- Ranjini hosted a number of TV shows like ‘Star Singer’ Season 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 (2007-2012); ‘Cinema Company Season’ (2013-2014), ‘Vanitharathnam’ Season 3 (2014), ‘Bhima Music India’ (2014), ‘Indian Music League’ (2015), ‘Run Baby Run’ (2017), ‘Hero Indian Super League’ Season 3 & 4 (2017-2018), and ‘Ithanu Njga Paranja Nadan’ (2017).
- She also hosted numerous award shows like ‘Amrita TV Film Awards,’ ‘Asianet Film Awards,’ ‘SIIMA,’ ‘Asiavision Awards,’ ‘Jaihind Film Awards,’ ‘Flowers TV Awards,’ etc.
- In 2013, she judged a reality TV show ‘Sundari Niyum Sundaran Njanum’ that aired on Asianet.
- Ranjini has touted as the ‘Mother of Modern Malayalam’ because of her modern attire.
- She made her guest appearance in various shows like ‘Comedy Stars Season 2’, ‘Komedy Circus,’ ‘Onnum Onnum Moonu,’ ‘Badai Bungalow,’ ‘Comedy Super Nights,’ ‘Ashwamedham,’ etc.
- She is an avid animal lover.
- In 2016, Ranjini Haridas participated in the sports reality entertainment show ‘Celebrity Badminton League’ (CBL) and was the player of ‘Kerala Royals’ team.
- The same year, Ranjini Haridas and Santhosh Pandit voted as the most hated and trolled artists in Malayali social media related to entertainment fields.
- In 2018, she participated in the controversial reality show ‘Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 1.’