Read Time:1 Minute, 28 Second
Reema Lagoo was an Indian theatre and screen actress known for her work in Hindi and Marathi cinema. She began her acting career in the Marathi theatre, after which she became a household name for playing motherly roles in the 1990s and early 2000s
|Real Name||Nayan Khadbade|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 161 cm|
|in meters- 1.61 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5 3|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 kg|
|in Pounds- 143 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Hazel Grey|
|Date of Birth||21-Jun-58|
|Date of Death||18-May-17|
|Death Place||Kokilaben Hospital, Mumbai|
|Death Reason||Cardiac Arrest (Heart attack)|
|Age (as on 18 May 2017)||58 Years|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Gemini|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||H.H.C.P. High School, Pune|
|College||Wilson College, Mumbai|
|Debut||Film: Kalyug (1980, Bollywood)|
|TV: Khandaan (1985)|
|Family||Father- Not Known|
|Mother- Mandakini Bhadbhade (Actress)|
|Brother- Not Known|
|Sister- Not Known|
|Hobbies||Reading novels & biographies, cooking|
|Favourite Actor||Salman Khan|
|Favourite Food||Baked keema potato delight, Caramel custard, Apple pie, Banana split|
|Favourite Restaurants||Legacy Of China, Goa Portuguesa, Gajalee, Nebulas, Pop Tate's in Mumbai|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Vivek Lagoo (Marathi actor, Separated)|
|Daughter- Mrunmayee Lagoo (Actress)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Reema Lagoo
- Did Reema Lagoo smoke?: Not Known
- Did Reema Lagoo drink alcohol?: Yes
- Reema started acting in theatre plays after finishing school in Pune.
- Her mother, Mandakini Bhadbhade, was a renowned Marathi theatre actress and was known for the drama ‘Lekure udand Jaahalee.’
- Though her real name was ‘Nayan Khadbade’, she changed her name to ‘Reema Lagoo’ after her marriage.
- She got separated from her husband after few years of their marriage.
- Lagoo started her Bollywood career in the early 1980s and for the first time, she played the role of a mother at the age of 31.
- She is known for her ‘on-screen mother’ roles in superhit films like ‘Hum Aapke Hain Koun’, ‘Kal Ho Na’ Ho’, ‘Maine Pyar Kiya’, ‘Saajan’, ‘Vaastav’, ‘Kuch Kuch Hota Hai’, and ‘Hum Saath-Saath Hain’ to name a few.
- Apart from films, she also acted in several TV serials and Marathi language plays.
- One of her most memorable roles was of a mother-in-law in Star Plus’ show ‘Tu Tu Main Main’ alongside Supriya Pilgaonkar, who played the role of her daughter-in-law.
- On 18 May 2017, at around 3.15 am, she died of a ‘cardiac arrest’ in Kokilaben Hospital, Mumbai. The same night, she was complaining of chest pain after which her daughter and son-in-law took her to the hospital around 1 a.m.
- She was last seen in Star Plus’ Mahesh Bhatt co-directed show ‘Naamkarann.’