Rukmini Maitra is an Indian model and actress from Kolkata, who has worked as a model for various regional, national and international brands and magazines. After having established herself in the world of fashion, Maitra made her silver screen debut in 2017. She acted in five films with Dev.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 177 cm|
|in meters- 1.77 m|
|in feet inches- 5 9½|
|Debut||Film: Chaamp (2017) as 'Jaya Sanyal'|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements|| Calcutta Times Most Desirable Woman of 2017|
| The Times 50 Most Desirable Women 2017|
| Times Power Women Most Promising Actor 2018|
| Jio Filmfare Award (South) for Best Debut (Female) for the films Chaamp and Cockpit (2018)|
| Bengal Film Journalists Award for Most Promising Actress (2018)|
|Date of Birth||27 June 1991 (Thursday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||28 Years|
|Birthplace||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Hometown||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School||Carmel Convent School, Kolkata|
|College/University|| Loreto College, Kolkata|
| IIM Kozhikode, Calicut, Kerala|
|Educational Qualification||MBA in Communication Management|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Doing Yoga, Shopping|
|Tattoo||On The Left Wrist: "Dev"|
|Rukmini Maitra's Tattoo|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Dev Adhikari (Rumoured)|
|Parents||Father- Late Soumyendra Nath Maitra (IIM Gold Medalist)|
|Mother- Madhumita Maitra|
|Siblings||Brother- Rahul Maitra (Elder)|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Travel Destination||New York|
|Favourite Colours||Pink, Black|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Rukmini Maitra
- Rukmini Maitra was born into a modest family in Kolkata.
- Her grandfather, BN Maitra, was eminent Chief Justice.
- Maitra started her career as a model when she was 13 years old.
- In her school days, she desired to be a lawyer.
- Rukmini has done modelling for many regional, national, and international brands including ‘Reliance,’ ‘Lakmé,’ ‘Vodafone,’ ‘Sunsilk,’ ‘Fiama Di Wills,’ ‘Big Bazar Fb,’ and ‘Emami.’
- She has featured on the covers of magazines like “Femina Bangla,” “Sananda Magazine,” and “Beauty Magazine.
- Rukmini has walked the ramp for fashion shows like “Shaadi By Marriott” and “Bengal Fashion Week.”
- She has also walked the ramp for many popular fashion designers like “Masaba Gupta,” “Anita Dongre,” “Suneet Varma,” “Dev r Nil,” and “Anju Modi.”
- She made her acting debut in 2017 with the Bengali film “Chaamp.”
- Thereafter, she appeared in Bengali films like “Cockpit,” “Kabir,” “Kidnap,” and “Password.”
- Rukmini shares a great bond with her niece, Amira. She keeps posting pictures with Amira on her Instagram account.
- Rukmini is rumoured to be in a relationship with the Bengali actor, Dev Adhikari. Maitra met Dev for the first time when she was in her tenth class.
- In an interview, Rukmini disclosed that she was suffering from Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
- Rukmini was once asked in an interview if she had got the tattoo for her rumoured boyfriend, Dev Adhikari, Rukmini said that she had got the tattoo in connection with the God, as ‘Dev’ when translated to English, means ‘God.’
- Interestingly, her alleged boyfriend, Dev, has also inked Rukmini’s name on his right wrist.
- Rukmini revealed during an interview that she was offered the lead role in the Bollywood film “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.” However, she declined the offer as she was in class XI at that time, and education was her priority.
Rukmini Maitra on Instagram and Twitter
Forever grateful to just have my loved ones around, especially at the beginning of a brand new year.. I hold my mother very close to me as my birthday is always a celebration for Us and never just me..❤
Moral of the Story : Remember to Live each day and not just Survive!💖🌟🌠⭐ pic.twitter.com/FmZOI1ryZJ
— RUKMINI MAITRA (@RukminiMaitra) June 28, 2020