Shaan, is an Indian playback singer active in Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Urdu, Telugu and Kannada films and a television host. He hosted the shows Sa Re Ga Ma Pa, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs, Star Voice of India and STAR Voice of India 2.
|Real Name||Shantanu Mukherjee|
|Profession||Singer, Actor, Music Director and Anchor|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 175 cm|
|in meters- 1.75 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”|
|Weight||in Kilograms- 70 kg|
|in Pounds- 154 lbs|
|Body Measurements||- Chest: 38 Inches|
|- Waist: 32 Inches|
|- Biceps: 14 Inches|
|Date of Birth||1972-09-30|
|Age (as in 2016)||43 Years|
|Birth Place||Khandwa, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Libra|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra India|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||Film Debut : Daman: A Victim of Marital Violence (2001)|
|Music Debut : Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi (1999)|
|Family||Father- Late Manas Mukherjee (Music Director)|
|Mother- Sonali Mukherjee (Singer)|
|Sister- Sagarika Mukherjee (Elder, Singer)|
|Controversies||He had a heated argument with singer Mika Singh during Star Plus's reality show Music Ka Maha Muqqabla.|
|Favourite Food||Gujarati food|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Singer(s)||Kishore Kumar and Lata Mangeshkar|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Son- Soham and Shubh|
|Salary||2-3 Lacs/song (INR)|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shaan
- Does Shaan smoke?: No
- Does Shaan drink alcohol?: No
- Shaan was born to a musical family as his father was a music director and his grandfather was a lyricist.
- He belongs to a Bengali Brahmin family background.
- Before becoming a professional singer he worked at a boutique shop.
- He was just 13 years old when he lost his father because of tobacco consumption.
- He made his singing debut in Bollywood at the age of 17 by singing few lines in the song Kitni Hai Pyari Pyari Dosti from the film Parinda (1989).
- He got famous in 90’s with his re-mix songs of old Bollywood hits.
- His Hindi pop album Tandil Dil was a mega-hit, and for that, he won the 2000 MTV Asia Music Award.
- He won 2 Filmfare Awards: Chand Sifarish – Fanaa (2006) and Jab Se Tera Naina – Saawariya (2008).
- In 2011, he was honoured by the New York City for his campaign against tobacco.
- He is the ambassador of Salaam Bombay NGO’s anti-tobacco campaign.
- He hosted shows like Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa L’il Champs, Amul STAR Voice of India and Mirchi Music Awards.
- In 2013, he participated in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 6.
- On 28 October 2018, during his concert in Guwahati, he sang a Bengali song, after which an audience member threw a paper ball at him and asked him to stop singing and said, “This is Assam, not Bengal.”