Shekhar Ravjiani the part of duo Vishal-Shekhar, is a music composer and singer, who has been a part of the industry since 1999. Born and raised in Mumbai, Shekhar initially took to advertising but eventually decided to follow his passion for music and participated in SaReGaMaPa in 1997. A trained classical singer, Shekhar joined hands with Vishal Dadlani in 1999 and the two together have been responsible for some of Bollywood’s best music in recent times.
|Real Name||Shekhar Ravjiani|
|Profession||Music Composer, Singer|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 175 cm|
|in meters- 1.75 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5’ 9”|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 kg|
|in Pounds- 143 lbs|
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 40 Inches|
|- Waist: 30 Inches|
|- Biceps: 12 Inches|
|Date of Birth||1978-11-29|
|Age (as in 2016)||38 Years|
|Birth Place||Kutch, Gujarat|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Sagittarius|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Debut||Music Composition: Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi (1999)|
|Film (Acting): Neerja (2016)|
|Family||Father- Hasmukh Ravjiani (Share Trader)|
|Mother- Kusum Ravjiani (Homemaker)|
|Sister- Not Known|
|Brother- Not Known|
|Favourite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favourite Singers||Sukhwinder Singh, Sunidhi Chauhan, Shreya Ghoshal|
|Favourite Music Directors||Shankar Mahadevan, Amit Trivedi, Pritam, A. R. Rahman, Vishal Bhardwaj|
|Favourite Directors||Sujoy Ghosh, Farah Khan|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shekhar Ravjiani
- Does Shekhar Ravjiani smoke?: Not Known
- Does Shekhar Ravjiani drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Shekhar inherited the love for music from his parents, who despite being from a non-musical background made it a point to play the piano, and the accordion at home every single day. They considered musical instruments as a great means to tackle day-to-day stress.
- Shekhar’s home was not far away from Jagjit Singh’s home. Thus, his family was close friends with the now deceased Ghazal singer.
- He started learning classical music at the age of 8.
- At the age of 20 (in 1997), Shekhar auditioned for Zee TV’s popular singing show “Sa Re Ga Ma” and got selected.
- Like almost every other music composer today, Shekar also began his musical journey by composing ad Jingles.
- Shekhar ‘first’ met Vishal Dadlani, his future partner, at a studio when the two accidentally bumped into each other. Though Vishal’s face looked familiar to him, he was unable to recall their initial meeting. However, a couple of exchanges of ‘have we met before ?’ made them realize the fact that they once performed for a local band in South Mumbai. While Shekhar was tasked to play the keyboard, Vishal was the lead guitarist of the band.
- Shekhar made his debut, as part of the ‘Vishal-Shekhar’ duo, with the film Pyaar Mein Kabhi Kabhi (1999). He was only 23 then.
- Interestingly, they first set their studio inside a marble factory in Worli, located next to a graveyard.
- In an interview, Shekhar said that sometimes because of his work commitments, he feels trapped and wants to disconnect from people/society. Therefore, once in every two months, he takes a flight to London and spends some days there in seclusion. This way, he says, he gets some rest as well.
- He is a highly religious person and makes it a point to never leave his house before offering prayers to God.