Shreya Ghoshal started her illustrious career as a playback singer in 2002 after she was noticed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali when she won the musical reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa at the age of sixteen and subsequently sang five songs in his film, Devdas. Her seductive numbers in Jism established her as a versatile singer in the industry, and since then she has only seen progress in her career.
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height||in centimeters- 160 cm|
|in meters- 1.60 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5’ 3”|
|Date of Birth||1984-03-12|
|Age (as in 2020)||36 Years|
|Birthplace||Murshidabad, West Bengal|
|Hometown||Rawatbhata, Rajasthan, India|
|School||Atomic Energy Central School No.4, Rawatbhata|
|College||SIES College of Arts Science & Commerce, Sion West, Mumbai|
|Debut||Singing: Yen Chellam (Tamil, 2002)|
|Dola Re Dola (Bollywood, 2002)|
|Family||Father- Bishwajit Ghoshal (Electrical Engineer)|
|Mother- Sarmistha Ghoshal (Literature post-graduate)|
|Brother- Soumyadeep Ghoshal|
|Actresses||Madhuri Dixit, Waheeda Rehman|
|Music Directors||Madan Mohan, R.D. Burman, A.R. Rahman|
|Singers||Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Geeta Dutt, Beyonce, Norah Jones|
|Song||Kehna Hi Kya by Chitra from the film Bombay (1995)|
|Aap Ki Nazron Ne Samjhaa by Lata Mangeshkar from the film Anpadh (1962)|
|Lag Ja Gale Ke Phir by Lata Mangeshkar from the film Woh Kaun Thi (1964)|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affair/Boyfriend||Shiladitya Mukhopadhyaya (Entrepreneur)|
|Husband||Shiladitya Mukhopadhyaya (Entrepreneur)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shreya Ghoshal
- Does Shreya Ghoshal smoke?: Not Known
- Does Shreya Ghoshal drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Shreya started learning music at the age of 4.
- She got training in playback singing from Padmashree Late Kalyanji Bhai.
- In 1995, she won the ‘All India Light Vocal Music Competition’, which was organized by Sangam Kala Group in New Delhi.
- After shifting to Mumbai, she continued her training from Late Mukta Bhideji in Classical Hindustani Music.
- Her first studio album ‘Bendhechhi Beena’, consisting 14 songs, was released on 1 January 1998.
- She won the famous singing reality show ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa.’
- If she wasn’t a singer, she would have been astronaut or a genetic engineer.
- In 2003, she sang as well as featured in the song “Har Taraf Har Jagah” from the film ‘Saaya.’
- In 2011, she featured in an advertisement for jewellery store Joyalukkas, which was aired in 5 different languages viz. Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, and Telugu.
- During the 2010 Summer US tour, Shreya Ghoshal received a rare honour from the US State of Ohio. Governor Ted Strickland issued a proclamation declaring June 26 as Shreya Ghoshal Day.
- She has sung songs in many different languages like Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Bengali, and Malayalam.
- Apart from singing, she also judged various popular reality shows like ‘Voice Of India – Chhote Ustad’, ‘Indian Idol Junior’, and ‘Music Ka Maha Muqqabla.’