Shubman Gill is an Indian national cricketer. He is a right-hand, top-order batsman from Punjab. He made his first-class debut for Punjab against the Bengal team in the 2017–18 Ranji Trophy. He rose to fame for his batting record at the ICC U-19 World cup. Gill won the BCCI award for the Best Junior Cricketer for two consecutive years in 2013-14 and 2014-15, playing hard on the doors of the U19 team. He has also played for teams like U23, India A, Kolkata Knight Riders, India B, India, India C, India Blue, and so on.
|Shubman Gill (Cricketer)|
|Full Name||Shubman Gill|
|Profession||Indian U-19 Cricketer (Right-Hand Batsman)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm|
|in meters- 1.78 m|
|in feet inches- 5’ 10”|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 65 kg|
|in Pounds- 143 lbs|
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 38 inches|
|- Waist: 30 inches|
|- Biceps: 12 inches|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|International Debut||India U19- 12 August 2017 against England U19 at Hove,|
|ODI- 31 January 2019 against New Zealand at Hamilton|
|Test- Did Not Play|
|T20- Did Not Play|
|Jersey Number||#77 (India U-19)|
|Records (main ones)||Highest score of 330 runs in Punjab’s Under-16 district-level tournament in 2010|
|In 2017, he became the 4th youngest cricketer for Punjab to hit a first-class century in Ranji Trophy|
|Career Turning Point||When he scored 351 runs in the Youth ODI series against England|
|Date of Birth||1999-09-08 00:00:00|
|Age (as in 2018)||19 Years|
|Birth Place||Fazilka, Punjab, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Virgo|
|Hometown||Jaimal Singh Wala Village, Jalalabad Tehsil, Firozepur District, Punjab, India|
|School||Manav Mangal Smart School, Mohali, Punjab|
|Educational Qualifications||Not Known|
|Family||Father- Lakhwinder Singh Gill (Agriculturist)|
|Mother- Kirat Gill|
|Sister- Shahneel Kaur Gill (Elder)|
|Address||A bungalow in Sector 48, Chandigarh |
|Favourite Cricketers||Sachin Tendulkar, Virat Kohli|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Shubman Gill
- Does Shubman Gill smoke?: Not Known
- Does Shubman Gill drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Shubman started playing cricket at a very young age.
- He grew up watching Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid & VVS Laxman on television which aspired him to be a cricketer.
- His father also wanted to become a cricketer but never got the opportunity.
- After seeing the interest of Shubman towards cricket, his family moved from Fazilka to Mohali where he rented a house near the Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium.
- At the age of 11, he was selected in the Under-16 Punjab cricket team to play at the district-level. In his debut series, he scored maximum runs of 330 in five games and made a record.
- In 2014, he scored more than 200 runs in his first Vijay Merchant Trophy Under-16 Punjab state-level match.
- He also scored 351 runs in the Inter-District Under-16 Punjab cricket tournament ML Markan Trophy and at the district level, he shared a world record opening partnership of 587 runs along with Nirmal Singh.
- He was honored with the M.A. Chidambaram Trophy from the BCCI for the best under-16 cricketer for his successful season 2013-2014.
- In 2017, he made his List A debut against the Vidarbha cricket team in Delhi.
- In the same year, he got selected in India’s Under-19 cricket team and played his first match against England in the Youth ODI series. In this series, he scored 351 runs and became the Man of the Series.
- He was named as the vice-captain of the 2018 U-19 Cricket World Cup.
- In 2018, Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) bought him for ₹1.8 crores at the 2018 Indian Premier League (IPL) auction.
- He is a bit superstitious and always keeps a red handkerchief while batting.