Sidharth Malhotra is an Indian actor and former model who appears in Bollywood films. Malhotra began a career as a model at the age of 18. Dissatisfied by the profession, he went on to work as an assistant director to Karan Johar in the 2010 film My Name Is Khan. He made his acting debut with a leading role in Johar’s comedy-drama Student of the Year (2012), for which he received a Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut nomination.
|Real Name||Sidharth Malhotra|
|Role Model||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 185 cm|
|in meters- 1.85 m|
|in feet inches- 6 1|
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 80 kg|
|in pounds- 176 lbs|
|Body Measurements (approx.)||- Chest: 42 inches|
|- Waist: 30 inches|
|- Biceps: 16 inches|
|Date of Birth||16-Jan-85|
|Age (as in 2020)||35 Years|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|School(s)||Don Bosco School, Delhi|
|Navy Children School, Delhi ?|
|College/University||Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||B.Com (Hons.)|
|Debut||Film: Student of the Year (2012)|
|TV: Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan (2006)|
|Address||Plush Apartment in Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Gymming, Drawing Cartoons|
|Awards||2013: Stardust Award for Most Promising Debut Male, South Africa India Film and Television Award for Debut Actor of the YearMale for Student of the Year|
|2014: BIG Star Entertainment Award for Entertainer of the Year, Most Entertaining Actor in a Romantic Film Male for Hasee Toh Phasee|
|Controversies|| He sued his two fans for Rs 10 Crores. Two siblings from Delhi opened a fan club website of Siddharth and started selling merchandise and t-shirts too in the stars name.|
| He attracted a controversy when, on a talk show, he commented on Madhuri Dixit that he would love to take her on bed.|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Girlfriends||Alia Bhatt (Actor)|
|Parents||Father- Sunil Malhotra (Former Captain in Merchant Navy)|
|Mother- Rimma Malhotra (Homemaker)|
|Siblings||Brother- Harshad Malhotra (Elder, Banker)|
|Favourite Food(s)||Jalebi, Hot Chocolate Fudge, Sushi, Biryani and Chicken Roll Munch|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Bollywood: Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan|
|Hollywood: George Clooney, Johnny Depp|
|Favourite Actresses||Kajol, Deepika Padukone, Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif|
|Favourite Film(s)||Bollywood: Agneepath, Andaz Apna Apna, Chupke Chupke, Sholay, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham|
|Hollywood: Indiana Jones, The Lord of the Ring series, Good Will Hunting|
|Favourite Director(s)||Imtiaz Ali, Rajukumar Hirani, Zoya Akhtar|
|Favourite Colour(s)||Black, White|
|Favourite Perfume||Fierce by Abercrombie and Fitch|
|Favourite Destination(s)||New York, Goa|
|Cars Collection||Mercedes Benz ML Class ML 250|
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 3-5 Crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx.)||Rs. 67 Crore ($10 Million)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sidharth Malhotra
- Does Sidharth Malhotra Smoke?: No
- Does Sidharth Malhotra Drink Alcohol?: Yes
- Since his childhood, he has been interested in drama and often participated in dance and drama shows.His parents wanted him to become an engineer, but he had no interest in studies, instead, he was inclined towards sports.
- He used to play rugby for a club in Delhi.
- At the age of 16, he made a headstart towards his acting career with Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan aired on Star Plus, in which he played the role of Jaichand (younger Prithvi Raj Chauhan’s brother).
- After his TV show, he tried out his luck in modelling and faced rejections multiple times.
- He shot to fame after working for the renowned international designer Roberto Cavalli’s advertisement campaigns and then he got back-to-back features on several magazines like Redbook, Gladrags, and Men’s Health.
- In 2007, he won the Mr Gujarat title, and also was the second runner-up in the Gladrags mega-model competition.
- At the age of 22, he auditioned for Anubhav Sinha’s film and got selected, for which he shifted to Mumbai, but the film got shelved.
- He has faced a lot of struggle in his life; as he also worked as a clapper boy in the making of film Ra.One.
- Prior to joining the film industry, he worked as an assistant director in movies-“Dostana” and “My Name Is Khan.” Famous Designer Manish Malhotra helped him a lot in his initial struggling days.
- In 2008, he was supposed to make his Bollywood debut with the film Fashion, opposite Priyanka Chopra, but due to his contract with Gladrags, it couldn’t happen.
- He is so much addicted to hot chocolate that he used to take money from his granny by telling a lie that he wanted it for something and used to spend it on hot chocolate every time.
- Sid was a big fan of Shah Rukh‘s DDLJ’s hairdo that he used to roam around with that hairstyle in his school.
- He made a dashing entry into Bollywood with his debut film “Student of the Year (SOTY).” During the shoot of the film, he dated a South African girl.
- In 2014, his film “Ek Villain” received great laurels from the audience. Moreover, Salman Khan loved the movie and gifted him a watch. Sidharth Malhotra In Ek Villain
- For his film Brothers, he gained around 10 kg of weight to match the physique of Akshay Kumar, not only this, he also used to bathe with ice cold water.
- He told in an interview that chocolate is his weakness. He can workout more, but can’t live without it.
- He is a dog lover and has a pet boxer, and he also campaigns for the animal welfare NGO, PETA.