Read Time:2 Minute, 7 Second
Sonam Bajwa is a model-turned-actress who predominantly works in Punjabi and South Indian cinema. She was one of the participants in Femina Miss India 2012 and made her on-screen debut with the Punjabi film Best Of Luck in 2012.
|Full Name||Sonampreet Kaur Bajwa|
|Profession(s)||Model, Actress, Former Air Stewardess|
|Famous Role||'Jeeti' in Punjab 1984|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 170 cm|
|in meters- 1.70 m|
|in feet & inches- 5’ 7”|
|Debut||Film (Punjabi): Best of Luck (2013) as 'Simran'|
|Film (Tamil): Kappal (2014) as 'Deepika'|
|Film (Telugu): Aatadukundam Raa (2016) as 'Hanju'|
|Film (Bollywood): Bala (2019) special appearence in the song 'Nah Goriye'|
|Date of Birth||16 August 1989 (Wednesday)|
|Age (as in 2019)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||Nanakmatta, Rudrapur, Uttarakhand, India|
|Hometown||Nanakmatta, Rudrapur, Uttarakhand, India|
|School||Jaycees Public School, Rudrapur|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Dancing, Shopping|
|Tattoo(s)||Sonam has got 'Jesus' tattoo inked on her left hand's ring finger.|
|Relationships & More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||KL Rahul (Cricketer; Rumoured)|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known (Teacher)|
|Mother- Ritu Bajwa (Teacher)|
|Siblings||Brother- Jaideep Bajwa (Twin Brother)|
|Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, John Abraham, Fawad Khan|
|Film(s)||Taare Zameen Par (2007), The Holiday (2006)|
|Song||‘Aane Wala Pal Jane Wala Hai’ from the film “Gol Maal” (1979)|
|Quote||“Winning doesn’t always mean coming 1st, it means you have done better than before.” by Bonnie Blair|
|Sportsman||M. S. Dhoni|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Sonam Bajwa
- Sonam Bajwa was born into a middle-class family in Nanakmatta, Rudrapur, Uttarakhand.
- She was inclined towards modelling from a very young age. She wanted to become Miss India.
- After completing her graduation, Sonam briefly worked as an air hostess.
- In 2012, she participated in Femina Miss India beauty pageant. Although she couldn’t win the competition, she was one of the finalists in it.
- After participating in the contest, Sonam received an offer to play the role of ‘Simran’ in the Punjabi film “Best Of Luck” (2013).
- She rose to fame after playing the role of ‘Jeeti’ in the Punjabi film “Punjab 1984.”
- Sonam has worked in many popular Punjabi films like “Nikka Zaildar,” “Manje Bistre,” “Carry on Jatta 2,” “Guddiyan Patole,” and “Muklawa.”
- In 2019, she featured in the song ‘Naah Goriye’ from the film “Bala.”
- Apart from films, she has also featured in many TV commercials of brands like “Monte Carlo,” “Dish TV,” and “Garnier Fructis.”
- Sonam is an ardent follower of Jesus.
- She was born into a Sikh family and was believed to have been converted to Christianity. However, she later cleared that although she followed Jesus, she was not a religious Christian.
- Sonam, during an interview, was once asked to reveal one thing that she would never do for any work assignment, to which, she replied,
I’ll never do a kissing scene for any film, even if it is for a Hindi film. In fact, that’s one of the reasons why I have not been doing Hindi films…because every second film in Bollywood has a requirement of a kissing scene.”
- Sonam was earlier shortlisted to play the role of ‘Mohini’ in the Bollywood film “Happy New Year.” However, the role later went to Deepika Padukone.
- Sonam is very particular about her fitness and follows a strict workout regimen.
- She is an avid dog lover and has a pet dog, Simba.
- She shares a great bond with the Indian actress, Kaajal Jain.
- Her first paycheque was of Rs. 8500, which she had earned by doing a modelling assignment.
- Sonam Bajwa was earlier mistaken to be a relative of the Punjabi actress, Neeru Bajwa. However, she later revealed that she was not related to Neeru at all.