Suhasini Maniratnam is a National Award winner and the most popular movie of hers is K. Balachander’s Tamil drama Sindhi Bhairavi (1985). Her performance in the film not only impressed audiences then but is also spoken about today. Even though she forayed into the film industry with a Tamil movie, she has gained widespread recognition of being of the finest actresses across South Indian cinema during her extensive movie career.
|Real Name||Suhasini Maniratnam|
|Other Name||Suhasini Charuhasan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm|
|in meters- 1.65 m|
|in feet inches- 5’ 5”|
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 60 kg|
|in pounds- 132 lbs|
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||36-28-36|
|Date of Birth||1961-08-15|
|Age (as in 2017)||56 Years|
|Birthplace||Paramakudi, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Leo|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|School||Government School, Chennai, India|
|College/Institute||Queen Mary’s College, Chennai, India|
|Madras Film Institute, India|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate In Cinematography|
|Debut||Film: Nenjathai Killathe (1980)|
|Religion||Atheist (Belongs to Hindu Family)|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements||• She won Best Actress National Film Awards in 1986 for her splendid performance in the movie Sindhu Bhairavi.|
|• She is the four-time winner of Best Actress Filmfare Awards South respectively in the years 1983, 1984, 1988, and 1990.|
|• She is the two-time winner of Kerala State Film awards for Best actress respectively in the years 1987 and 2001.|
|• She is the two-time winner of Tamil Nadu State Films Awards For Best actress.|
|• She is the winner of South Indian International Movie Awards for the Best Supporting Actress in 2014 for the movie Sachin! Tendulkar Alla.|
|Controversies||In 2005, three cases filed aginst her for supporting actress Khushboo on her comment on pre-marital sex.|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Husband/Spouse||Maniratnam (Film Director)|
|Mother- Name Not Known|
|Sisters- Nandini Charuhaasan, Subhashini Charuhaasan|
|Favourite Actor||Kamal Haasan, Naseeruddin Shah|
|Favourite Filmmaker(s)||Satyajit Ray, Victoria De Sica, K Balachander, Late Shankar Nag|
|Favourite Painter(s)||Rembrandt, Ravi Verma|
|Car Collection||Audi A6, BMW 7 Series|
|Net Worth (approx.)||₹120 Crore|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Suhasini
- She was born into a famous Filmy background in Tamil Nadu. She is the cousin of Shruti Haasan and Akshara Haasan.
- After completing schooling, she took admission in B.Sc Physics but one year later left it and joined the Madras Film Institute to studying cinematography.
- When she was at Madras Film Institute, she was the only girl to graduate in cinematography.
- She entered into the film industry as a camera assistant and a make-up artist.
- She made her successful acting debut as a lead actress in the movie Nenjathai Killathe in 1980.
- Suhasini is predominantly known for her works in the Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, and Malayalam movies. Apart from being a good actress, she is a make-up artist, hair stylist, dialogue writer, singer, hostess, producer, and film director as well.
- She is a prominent spokesperson in many organisations and institutes.
- She has also launched her music albums including Aandhra Vaibhavam, Siddayya Kadha Ganam, and more.
- She has been the jury member at many awards shows and functions including the ninth Indian Film Festival Stuttgart in 2012 in Germany.
- She doesn’t believe in God but she is a philanthropist. She is associated with several charities and foundation such as Ability Foundation, Action Aid, Srinidhi Chidambaram’s Health Trust, and Mukti.
- Her notable performance came into the movies such as Sindhu Bhairavi, Muthina Haara, Nuvvu Naaku Nachav, Amrutha Varshini, Theerthadanam, and Gabbar Singh.