Sushant Singh Rajput was an Indian actor. Rajput started his career with television serials. His debut show was Star Plus’s romantic drama Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil, followed by a starring role in Zee TV’s popular soap opera Pavitra Rishta. Sushant committed suicide on 14 June 2020, Bandra West, Mumbai
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 178 cm|
|in meters- 1.78 m|
|in feet inches- 5 10|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Debut||Film Debut: Kai Po Che! (2013) as 'Ishaan Bhatt'|
|TV Debut: Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil (2008) as 'Preet Juneja'|
|Last Film (Theatrical Release)||Chhichhore (2019)|
|Last Film (Digital Release)||Drive (2019)|
|Awards, Honours, Achievements|| Screen Award for Best Male Debut for the film Kai Po Che (2014)|
| Producers Guild Film Award for Best Male Debut for Kai Po Che (2014)|
| Screen Award for Best Actor (Critics) for the film M.S Dhoni: The Untold Story (2017)|
| Best Actor for M.S Dhoni: The Untold Story at the Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (2017)|
|Date of Birth||21 January 1986 (Tuesday)|
|Birthplace||Maldiha, Purnea, Bihar|
|Date of Death||14 June 2020 (Sunday)|
|Place of Death||At his flat on Hill Road, Bandra, Mumbai |
|Age (at the time of death)||34 Years|
|Note: On the morning of 14 June 2020, he was found hanging at his Bandra home.|
|Hometown||Maldiha, Purnea, Bihar|
|School|| St. Karens High School, Patna|
| Kulachi Hansraj Model School, Delhi|
|College/University||Delhi Technological University (DTU), New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||12th Standard|
|Note: Sushant was a Mechanical Engineering dropout.|
|Food Habit||Non-Vegetarian |
|Address||A Flat on Hill Road, Bandra, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Dancing, Playing Video Games|
|Controversies|| In 2015, Ankita Lokhande, the ex-girlfriend of Sushant Singh Rajput publicly slapped him when he was completely drunk and dancing with girls around him in a party.|
| He was even rumoured to have been secretly married to Ankita in 2015.|
| In 2017, Sushant received a backlash from Twitter for his tweet that he made minutes after Shahid Kapoor received the Best Actor Award at IIFA for the film "Udta Punjab." Reportedly, he was nominated for the Best Actor category at IIFA 2017 but the award went to Shahid. Subsequently, he tweeted: "@iifa hahahaha.|
| In February 2018, Sushant reportedly abused his fans who gathered outside his Bandra house, after which, a group of his fans hit his watchman.|
| In August 2018, Sushant landed into a controversy after he allegedly behaved flirtatiously with his Kizie Aur Manny co-star, Sanjana Sanghi. There were also reports of him sexually harassing the actress on the sets of the film. However, the actor refuted all the rumours and also shared his chat screenshots with Sanjana. Sanjana too took to Twitter and dismissed the baseless and unfounded stories that were doing the rounds on the internet. She wrote, "Id like to clarify that no such incident took place with me. Lets put an end to these conjectures.|
| In the wake of #MeToo movement and as a mark of protest, Twitter immediately removed Sushants verified badge after the reports of his indecent behaviour with Sanjana spread on social media. However, he later, cleared that the verification tick had not been there for a long time.|
|Relationships & More|
|Marital Status (at the time of death)||Unmarried|
|Affairs/Girlfriends|| Ankita Lokhande (ex-girlfriend; 2011-2016)|
| Kriti Sanon (Rumoured)|
| Rhea Chakraborty (actress)|
|Parents||Father- K. K. Singh (Retired Govt. Officer)|
|Mother- Name Not Known (died in 2002)|
| Mitu Singh (State Level Cricketer) & 3 more (all are elder)|
| Shweta Singh Kirti (lives in the United States)|
|Food||Rajmah Chawal, Aloo Paranthas, Chicken, Lobsters, Prawns, Pani Puri|
|Beverages||Tea with lots of sugar, Lime Juice|
|Actors||James Dean, Ryan Gosling, Keanu Reeves, Shah Rukh Khan, Daniel Day-Lewis|
|Actresses||Isha Sherwani, Tabu, Jennifer Lawrence|
|Film Directors||Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Raj Kumar Hirani, Anand Gandhi|
|Travel Destinations||Norway, New Zealand|
|Sport(s)||Cricket, Football, Tennis|
|Car Collection||Maserati Quattroporte, Range Rover|
|Bike Collection||BMW K1300R|
|Salary (approx.)||Rs. 5-6 Crore/filmSushant Singh Rajput|
Sushant Singh Rajput in News
[su_posts taxonomy=”post_tag” tax_term=”272″ order=”desc”]
- Some Lesser Facts About Sushant Singh Rajput
- Did Sushant Singh Rajput smoke?: YesSushant Rajput smoking
- Did Sushant Singh Rajput drink alcohol?: Yes
- Sushant was born into a middle-class family in Maldiha, Purnea, Bihar.
- He was more close to his mother than his father, and after the death of his mother in 2002, he was completely shattered.
- He was a bright student and wanted to be an engineer. Sushant had secured rank #7 at the All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) in 2003.
- During his studies, he had cleared more than 11 engineering exams and also won the National Olympiad in Physics.
- While Shushant was completing his graduation, he developed an interest in dancing after watching Shiamak Davar‘s dance show. Initially, his family was against his decision, but he refused to obey them and joined Shiamak Davar’s dance group.
- Shiamak was very impressed with his dedication and talent and gave him a chance to perform in the 2006 Commonwealth Games and Filmfare Awards.
- When Sushant was in the third year of college, he dropped out of the course to make a career in acting.
- Subsequently, he joined Barry John Acting Studio to polish his acting skills.
- Prior to acting, Sushant worked as an assistant director to Mohit Suri in Raaz 2. Simultaneously, he worked in theatre.
- After doing a play for an NGO, he was offered the role of ‘Preet’ in TV serial “Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil,” which became popular and further bagged him the role of ‘Manav’ in Zee TV’s serial “Pavitra Rishta.”
- His performance in Pavitra Rishta proved to be a big break for him and became a stepping stone in his journey to Bollywood.
- In 2010, he participated in the dance reality show “Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4” and emerged as the runner-up of the show.
- He made his Bollywood debut in 2013 with the film “Kai Po Che!.”
- He is remembered for his performances in many popular Bollywood films, like “Suddh Desi Romance,” “Detective Byomkesh Bakshy,” “M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story,” “Kedarnath,” and “Chhichhore.”
- Sushant was offered roles in the films “Goliyon Ki Raasleela Raam Leela” and “Bajirao Mastani” by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, but he could not finalize them due to some reasons.
- Shahid Kapoor was the first choice for the film “Shuddh Desi Romance.” However, the role later went to Sushant.
- He was addicted to black coffee and cigarettes.
- Sushant prefered practising ballet than going to the gym.
- Sushant had a huge love for luxury cars and his dream car was Bugatti Veyron.
- Rajput was a loyal customer of the famous Italian luxury fashion brand, Ermenegildo Zegna.
- When he came to Mumbai, he had 3 dreams: first, to work in a Yash Raj Film, second, to do a Pepsi ad commercial, and third, to be on the cover of a Filmfare Magazine; and he had achieved them all.
- His film, MS Dhoni: The Untold Story, was made on a budget of 80 crores (INR), and it was rumoured that MS Dhoni was given 40 crores (INR) for sharing his life’s story for the film.
- Shushant used to stay in a single bedroom-kitchen along with 6 other boys in his struggling days in Mumbai. At that time, he used to do all household chores by himself.
- It took Sushant around one and a half years to prepare himself for the role of ‘MS Dhoni’ for the film “M. S. Dhoni: The Untold Story.” He practised the helicopter shot around 225 times a day, for many days, to get the desired outcome.
- Before making a career as an actor, Sushant had danced with Ashley Lobo’s dance troupe and had also learned martial arts from Allan Amin.
- Sushant was a huge admirer of Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
- He was very close to his nephew, Nirvanh.
- He considered Mukesh Chabbra (Casting Director), Kriti Sanon, and Rohini Iyer (works at a media management company) as his closest friends from the film industry.
- In an interview, Shushant shared that he was an introvert in his college days.
- Sushant was the first choice to play the lead role in the Bollywood film, Fitoor, but he denied the film due to his busy schedule.
- Sushant was offered a role in the film “Paani” by the director Shekhar Kapur. He was so impressed by the role that he had rejected 12 films because of Paani. However, the film was later, called off.
- He was affectionate towards dogs and often shared his pictures with them on his Instagram account.Sushant Rajput loves dogs
Sushant Rajput loves dogs
- In May 2019, Sushant visited his ancestral home in Bihar after almost 17 years. Sushant, who had lost his mother at the age of 16, went there to fulfil his late mother’s wish. He performed an old ritual of ‘Mundan’ at a temple in Khagaria. Although he did not shave off his complete hair, he completed the ritual by trimming off a strand.
- In 2019, Sushant shared a wishlist of 50 dreams through his Instagram account. The list contained wishes like “Learn how to Fly a Plane,” “Train for Iron Man triathlon,” “Play a Cricket Match left-handed,” “Learn Morse Code,” “Help kids learn about Space,” “Play tennis with a Champion,” and “Do a Four Clap Push-Up.”
- On the morning of 14 June 2020, he was found hanging at his Bandra home. Reportedly, Rajput was suffering from depression for the last six months. His body was found hanging in his room after the door was broken.
Sushant Singh Rajput on Instagram and Twitter
Like the shadow
I am not…
~ Jalaluddin Rumi ❤️ pic.twitter.com/Ejj1X6LSyV
— Sushant Singh Rajput (@itsSSR) October 26, 2019