Indian film actress Taapsee Pannu works primarily in Hindi, Telugu and Tamil-language films. Her accolades include a Filmfare Award and she has appeared in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list since 2018
|Nickname(s)||Maggie, Glam-doll, Goddess of Flop Heroes|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm|
|in meters- 1.65 m|
|in feet inches- 5 4|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||01-Aug-87|
|Age (as in 2019)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Hometown||Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|School||Mata Jai Kaur Public School, Ashok Vihar, Delhi|
|College/University||Guru Tegh Bahadur Institute Of Technology, New Delhi|
|Educational Qualification||B.Tech in Computer Science|
|Debut||Film (Telugu): Jhummandi Naadam (2010)|
|Film (Tamil): Aadukalam (2011)|
|Film (Malyalam): Doubles (2011)|
|Film (Hindi): Chashme Baddoor|
|Hobbies||Reading, Riding Bikes, Playing Squash, Dancing|
|Awards||2012: Santosham Film Awards for Best Actress (Jury) for Mr. Perfect|
|2013: South Africa India Film And Television Awards for Debut Actor of the Year Female for Chashme Baddoor|
|2014: Edison Awards for Most Enthusiastic Performer-Female Award for Arrambam|
|2017: Lux Golden Rose Awards for Rising Star Of The Year, FiIms of India Online Awards for Special Jury Awards for Pink|
|2018: Lux Golden Rose Awards for Break Through Performer Of The Year Award, Zee Cine Awards for Extraordinary Impact Award Female, Hindustan Times (HT) Most Stylish Awards under category HT Most Stylish Breakthrough Performer, GeoSpa AsiaSpa Awards for Best Actress Critics(Female) for Naam Shabana|
|Controversies|| In 2012, there was a buzz that she was the reason behind the fight between Kollywood actor Mahat Raghavendra and Tollywood actor Manchu Manoj at a party after the Filmfare awards in Chennai.|
| After the release of her film 'Manmarziyaan' (2018), the members of the Sikh community objected to the smoking scenes by the Sikh characters of the film; after which the producers of the film deleted those scenes. Taapsee Pannu, who is also a Sikh, also responded to the controversy with few tweets and even a troll threatened to beat her up.|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Mahat Raghavendra (Tamil film actor)|
|Mathias Boe (Badminton player from Denmark)|
|Parents||Father- Dilmohan Singh Pannu|
|Mother- Nirmaljeet Pannu|
|Sister- Shagun Pannu (Younger)|
|Food(s)||Danish pastries, Chinese Cuisines, Parathas, Chole Puri, Kachori, Papri Chaat|
|Actor(s)||Aamir Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Suriya, Ranbir Kapoor, Prabhas, Robert Downey Jr.|
|Actresses||Priyanka Chopra, Priyamani|
|Hollywood: The Twilight Series|
|Song||Dhichkyaaon from the film Chashme Baddoor|
|Salary (approx.)||?60-70 lakh/movie|
|Net Worth (approx.)||?6 Crore ($1 million)|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Taapsee Pannu
- Does Taapsee Pannu smoke?: No
- Does Taapsee Pannu drink alcohol?: Yes
- She is a Jat Sikhni, who was born and brought up in Delhi.
- While studying computer engineering in her 2nd year of college, she decided to opt MBA. She also gave CAT exam and scored 88 percentile in it, but she didn’t get the admission where she wanted.
- Since her college days, she has been doing modelling for various ads to manage her daily extra expenses.
- She was very much active in her school days too; as she used to work as a public speaker and also used to participate in almost all festival competitions.
- She has a huge crush on actor Ranbir Kapoor.
- Taapsee learned Kathak dance for 8 years from the famous Birju Maharaj‘s disciples.
- She had a very studious personality in her school and she was hardly interested in becoming an actress at that time.
- She made her first step into the glam world as a participant on Channel V Get Gorgeous pageant. She later shared that she filled the form very casually and attached some of her candid pictures, and she was surprised on getting selected.
- She participated in Miss India 2008 pageant and got the Pantaloons Femina Miss Fresh Face titles and Safi Femina Miss Beautiful Skin titles.
- Her Tamil debut Adakulam in 2011 was critically acclaimed by the audience and was also a big commercial success.
- She is the co-owner of an event company named The Wedding Factory, which organises marriages and many such events.
- She is a big Powerpuff girl (a cartoon character), lover.
- While shooting for the court scenes for the film Pink, Taapsee suffered from a viral infection and she decided that she would prefer her voice to be dubbed, but later, Shoojit Sircar asked Taapsee to do it herself; as it added more authenticity to the scenes.
- Taapsee loves playing squash and she prefers playing it at least half hour every day.
- She has also worked as a software engineer and developed an app- FontSwap.
- She wants to marry someone who is not from the entertainment industry.
- She is given a pseudonym “Goddess of flop heroes,” which is being given to her because she has worked with many South-Indian flop heroes.
- In an interview with Behindwoods, she shared that who so ever she meets, asks her about the meaning of her name, and it happens almost every time she comes across someone, which she finds irritating sometimes.
- She has remained the popular face of magazines like “Just For Women” and “MaaStars”.
- She is among the few South Indian actresses to have had 7 releases in a single year (2011).
- In 2018, she was starred in the biopic of the famous International hockey player- Sandeep Singh, playing the role of Harpreet, along with Diljit Dosanjh.
Taapsee Pannu on Instagram and Twitter
— sharmistha ghosal (@sharmidas) May 19, 2020