Twinkle Khanna is a well-known author, newspaper columnist, interior designer, film producer and a former film actress. In 2015, she released her first non-fiction book, “MrsFunnybones” which was declared a bestseller, making Khanna India’s highest-selling woman writer that year
|Real Name||Tina Jatin Khanna|
|Profession(s)||Interior Designer, Actress, Author|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm|
|in meters- 1.63 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5’ 4”|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 57 kg|
|in Pounds- 126 lbs|
|Figure Measurement (approx.)||34-26-35|
|Date of Birth||1974-12-29 00:00:00|
|Age (as in 2019)||45 Years|
|Birthplace||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|School||New Era High school, Panchagani, maharastra|
|Debut||Film Debut- Barsaat (1995)|
|Family||Father- Rajesh Khanna (Bollywood Actor & Producer)|
|Mother- Dimple Kapadia (Bollywood Actress)|
|Sister- Rinke Khanna (Actress)|
|Hobbies||Interior Designing, Writing|
|Controversies||In 2009, she unbuttoned Akshay Kumar's jeans during the Lakme Fashion Week which created a controversy for obscenity & she had to surrender at the Vakola Police Station and was released later on bail.|
|Food||Spicy Khichadi cooked by her Naani|
|Interior Designer||Paola Navone and the great Spanish architect Antoni Gaudi|
|Song||Tere Bina Zindagi Se Koi......from Aandhi|
|Book||The Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett|
|Book-to-Screen Adaption||The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro|
|Girls, Affairs and More|
|Marriage Date||2001-01-14 00:00:00|
|Husband||Akshay Kumar (Actor)|
|Children||Son- Aarav Kumar (Born, 15 September 2002)|
|Daughter- Nitara Kumar (Born, 25 September 2012)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$30 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Twinkle Khanna
- Twinkle Khanna was born into an affluent Bollywood family; like her father, Rajesh Khanna was a superstar, and her mother, Dimple Kapadia was counted among the most talented actors in Bollywood at the time of Twinkle’s birth.
- She was cast by Dharmendra for her debut film Barsaat (1995).
- She was awarded Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut for her performance in Barsaat.
- K. N. Vijayan of New Straits Times (a Malaysian newspaper) wrote that she doesn’t resemble a typical Bollywood Actress.
- She acted opposite to her husband Akshay Kumar in 2 action films- International Khiladi & Julmi (both released in 1999).
- In 1999, Twinkle Khanna appeared in a Telugu film- Seenu.
- In the 2000 Femina Miss India, she was a member of the Judges Panel.
- She refused the role of Tina in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai offered by Karan Johar, and the role was finally landed to Rani Mukerji.
- When she met Akshay Kumar for the 1st time, she was doing a photo-session for Filmfare magazine.
- In February 2001, Twinkle Khanna made her theatrical debut in Feroze Khan’s All the Best.
- After her marriage to Akshay Kumar in 2001, she left her acting profession citing that she was not enjoying the acting anymore.
- Love Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega (2001) was her last film as an actress.
- When her father, Rajesh Khanna contested the Lok Sabha election from New Delhi, she campaigned for his election.
- She opened her own Interior Designing Store in 2002 at the Crawford Market in Mumbai called- The White Window.
- She did interiors to a number of celebrities including Tabu’s, Rani Mukerji’s, Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Bandra flat, Reema Sen’s & Poonam Bajaj’s design studio. She also designed a golden toilet at the request of one of her clients.
- Twinkle Khanna is one of the mentors at the International Institute of Fashion Designing’s Academy of Interiors.
- She has co-produced a number of Bollywood films including Khiladi 786, Thank You, Tees Mar Khan, Patiala House, and Holiday: A Soldier is Never Off Duty.
- In 2009, she was listed as the fourth best-dressed celebrity in India by People Magazine.
- She has been the Brand Ambassador of an American watch brand- Movado.
- She sold her father’s house for 85 crore INR in 2014.
- In August 2014, she featured on the cover of Vogue magazine.
- In August 2015, she wrote a non-fiction book- Mrs Funnybones which was published by Penguin India.
Twinkle Khanna on Instagram and Twitter
.@mrsfunnybones‘ column | Desi Jeeves, videshi apps, and a dream of stardom
‘When I ask him if he’s devastated by the #TikTokBan where he had such a large following, he tells me that he, a proud citizen of India, uninstalled the app before it was banned’https://t.co/WD4t2ZII0W pic.twitter.com/l8CsrTuiSK
— The Times Of India (@timesofindia) July 5, 2020