Vedhika Kumar is a South Indian actress with a versatile experience of working in the Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada and Telugu film industries. She made her debut through the Tamil film Madrasi (2006) but got her breakthrough through her role in Pardesi (2013).
|Full Name||Vedhika Pooja Kumar|
|Famous Role||Angamma in the period film 'Angamma' (2013)|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 165 cm|
|in meters- 1.65 m|
|in feet inches- 5’ 5”|
|Weight (approx.)||in kilograms- 50 kg|
|in pounds- 110 lbs|
|Figure Measurements (approx.)||32-26-32|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||1988-02-21|
|Age (as in 2018)||30 Years|
|Birthplace||Solapur, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Pisces|
|Hometown||Solapur, Maharashtra, India|
|College/University||Cardiff University, Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom|
|Educational Qualification(s)||Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)|
|Master of Business Administration in Marketing (MBA)|
|Debut||Tamil: Madrasi (2006)|
|Telugu: Vijayadasami (2007)|
|Kannada: Sangama (2008)|
|Malayalam: Sringaravelan (2013)|
|Bollywood: The Body (2019)|
|Address||A Bungalow in Bengaluru|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Cooking, Reading, Dancing, Playing (Badminton & Basketball)|
|Awards||2014- Edison Award for Best Extreme Performance- Female, Techofes Award, and Screen Moon Award for Best Actress for the Tamil film 'Paradesi' (2013)|
|2015- Edison Award for Best Extreme Performance- Female for the Tamil film 'Kaaviya Thalaivan' (2014), Norway Tamil Film Festival Award for the Best Actress for the film 'Kaaviya Thalaivan' (2014)|
|2016- Asiavision Award- Performer of the year for the Malayalam film 'James & Alice' (2016)|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known|
|Mother- Name Not Known|
|Favourite Food(s)||Biryani, Rice and Tomato Gojju or Rasam, Dim Sum, Chinese Cuisines|
|Favourite Actor(s)||Bollywood- Amitabh Bachchan|
|Favourite Film(s)||Tamil- Chandramukhi|
|Bollywood- Mughal-E-Azam, Sadma, Black|
|Hollywood- Dumb and Dumber|
|Favourite Musician||A. R. Rahman|
|Favourite Author||Paulo Coelho|
|Favourite Destination(s)||Japan, Europe|
|Net Worth||Not Known|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vedhika Kumar
- Does Vedhika Kumar smoke?: No
- Does Vedhika Kumar drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Vedhika was born into a middle-class Kannada family with roots in Maharashtra.
- She was always fascinated by the glamour world and started her career as a model.
- Before becoming an actress, she learned acting skills from the renowned ‘Kishore Namit Kapoor Acting Institute’ in Mumbai.
- She is a fabulous dancer and learned dancing skills from ‘Shiamak Davar’s School of Performing Arts’ in Mumbai.
- She is fluent in various languages, such as- Kannada, Tamil, Telegu, Marathi, Hindi, and English.
- In 2013, she narrowly escaped a pool accident while she was shooting in Kochi for her debut Malayalam film ‘Sringaravelan.’ For a scene, she was supposed to be thrown in a water tank where she had to act as if she was struggling in the water with the support of a concrete wall. But the concrete wall collapsed that created a panic. Somehow, a male assistant from the unit helped her, but he injured his leg in the process.
- She rose to fame with her breakthrough performance as “Angamma” in the National Award winning Tamil period film ‘Paradesi’ (2013).
- She considers her role of “Satyabhaama” alias “Satya” in the Kannada film ‘Shivalinga’ (2016) as her career’s most challenging role.
- She is a spiritual person and is an ardent devotee of Lord Krishna. Vedhika Kumar, an ardent devotee of Lord Krishna
- In spite of her stardom in the South Indian cinema, she is known to be a down-to-earth person and humble in nature.
- She is an avid animal lover.