Indian film actress Vidya Balan has empowered cinema by breaking the barrier of picturesque heroines and carving a niche of her own. The actor, who believes in letting her work do all the talking, has been part of several hit movies like Parineeta (2005), Lage Raho Munna Bhai (2006), Guru (2007), the critically acclaimed Paa (2009), The Dirty Picture (2011), and Kahaani (2012).
|Real Name||Vidya P. Balan|
|Physical Stats & More|
|Height (approx.)||in centimeters- 163 cm|
|in meters- 1.63 m|
|in Feet Inches- 5' 4”|
|Weight (approx.)||in Kilograms- 70 kg|
|in Pounds- 154 lbs|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||1978-01-01|
|Age (as in 2017)||39 Years|
|Birth Place||Poothamkurussy, Puthur, Palakkad, Kerala, India|
|Zodiac sign/Sun sign||Capricorn|
|Signature||Vidya Balan signature|
|Hometown||Chembur, Mumbai , Maharashtra, India|
|School||St. Anthony Girls' High School, Mumbai|
|College||St. Xavier's College, Mumbai|
|University of Mumbai, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualifications||Masters degree in Sociology|
|Debut||Film: Bhalo Theko (2003, Bengali film)|
|Parineeta (2005, Bollywood film)|
|TV: Hum Paanch (1995)|
|Family||Father- P. R. Balan (Worked as Executive Vice-President of Digicable)|
|Mother- Saraswathy Balan (Homemaker)|
|Sister- Priya Balan (Works for an advertising company)|
|Address||A sea facing flat in Juhu Tara Road, Mumbai|
|Vidya Balan Juhu House|
|Controversies||• In 2011, activists in South India protested and burned several posters of her film The Dirty Picture before its release. Not only that, but Silk Smitha's brother also moved to the Andhra Pradesh High Court to oppose his sister's portrayal in the film.|
|• There were rumours that marriage with Siddharth Roy Kapoor was on the rocks, because Siddharth had apparently fallen for another woman! But it could all be a jealous woman’s tale, for all we know.|
|Favourite Food||Thai cuisine|
|Favourite Actors||Shah Rukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Morgan Freeman, Al Pacino|
|Favourite Actresses||Shabana Azmi, Madhuri Dixit, Kate Winslet, Julie Delphy, Julia Roberts|
|Favourite Films||Bollywood: Gol Maal (1979)|
|Hollywood: Before Sunrise, Before Sunset|
|Favourite Directors||Gulzar, Hrishikesh Mukherjee|
|Favourite Musicians||Zakir Hussain, Michael Jackson, Enrique Iglesias, Indian Ocean, Midival Punditz|
|Favourite Perfume||Issey Miyake, Elizabeth Arden|
|Favourite Destination||New York and New Zealand|
|Boys, Affairs and More|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Siddharth Roy Kapur (Businessman and Producer)|
|Husband/Spouse||Siddharth Roy Kapur, Businessman and Producer (2012-present)|
|Marriage Date||2012-12-14 00:00:00|
|Cars Collection||Mercedes E-Class|
|Salary (approx.)||10 crore/film (INR)|
|Net Worth (approx.)||$15 million|
Some Lesser Known Facts About Vidya Balan
- Does Vidya Balan smoke?: No
- Does Vidya Balan drink alcohol?: Yes
- Vidya started her acting career with Ekta Kapoor’s popular comedy show Hum Paanch (1995) as Radhika Mathur aired on Zee TV.
- She has an inclination towards cleanliness and she even has a record of suffering form obsessive compulsive disorder about everything around her being clean.
- She nearly had done 5 movies which have not yet been released before doing her first movie in Bengali, after which she got her first Hindi movie, Parineeta.
- She was very popular with her advertisements in house holds, even before acting in movies.
- She is very good with match making and her match making capabilities have made many of her friends find their other half.
- She is a die-hard fan of Paulo Coelho and have read every book he has ever written.
- She has a thing for giggling. she is seen giggling in many television shows.
- She is very good in Bengali, which is her husband’s native language and she seems to converse with her husband and his family in Bengali itself.
- She can speak English, Tamil, Malayalam, Bengali and Hindi fluently.
- Priyamani (south Indian actress, did item song in Chennai Express), is Vidya Balan’s second cousin sister.
- Actor Aditya Roy Kapur and Kunaal Roy Kapur are her brother-in-laws.
- She did a role as one of the four five girls of the famous television show, ‘Hum Paanch’, before entering Bollywood.